What's new

2016 browser stats - if one wants to share...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
Just curious where things are on Web Stats and User Agents...

Firefox and Chrome still in the lead?

Curious as to apps like TapTalk and such...

asuswrt.lostrealm.ca's browser traffic for 2016.

Note that by its nature, this is mostly visited by technical-minded users.

browsers-2016.png

Awstats's full list includes per version breakdown, so it's far too long to repost, if what you are curious is the traffic coming from non conventional browsers. I know that in the OS section, I do get a share of PS4-based visitors, for instsance.

Chrome has really taken off hasn't it...

While I still use Firefox at work (in part to separate personal and business stuff, but also so I can keep up-to-date with Firefox development, as an IT professional), I moved to Chrome everywhere else. Part of it was because, having an Android ecosystem, being able to sync bookmarks/history/sessions between all devices is very useful (at the time I experimented with Firefox's initial sync feature, and it was complete garbage at the time, never working properly). And also because I didn't like the direction Firefox development was taking a few years ago. UI changes kept being made just for the sake of changes, previous changes getting reversed, focus on totally useless features that should belong in an add-on rather than built-in (like that pocket something - whatever that was supposed to be).

Now I see Chrome starting to also make some dubious development decisions. The removal of support for backspace navigation was killing my workflow on my laptop. Had to wait for someone to come up with an add-on to bring that back. Hopefully it's not going to get worse in the future, but there are a few things I'm getting worried about...

Now I see Chrome starting to also make some dubious development decisions. The removal of support for backspace navigation was killing my workflow on my laptop. Had to wait for someone to come up with an add-on to bring that back. Hopefully it's not going to get worse in the future, but there are a few things I'm getting worried about...

And that's a fair concern...

Earlier today I was viewing a CCC discussion on WooLim...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!