What's new

2TB Samsung 980 Pro ($194) Amazon / ($184) Newegg

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

avtella

Very Senior Member
Samsung’s 980 Pro 2 TB NVME 4.0 SSD is $194 (New)
Shipped & Sold by Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08RK2SR23/?tag=snbforums-20

Looks like 184 on Newegg:

Last edited:
Not sure where that is that you were referring to but, my link is for Amazon US for new not used.

I find amazon links pretty useless. They can and will be redirected and may end up in totally unrelated merchandise pages.

Not sure where that is that you were referring to but, my link is for Amazon US for new not used.
Amazon US on the right hand side of the page. And when Amazon says "used" it means that there could be damage to the packaging (shipping usually) and they can't sell it as new, but knock off a bit on the price and sell it. You'll see those as Amazon Warehouse deals.

It was not a warehouse deal. Was for Prime Day. Yeah you must have directed to something else because that’s not what I linked, odd never faced that before lol… even Newegg had the same deal.. plus extra $10 off coupon.
Are you sure you didn’t look below the main pricing where it also shows alternate sellers including used/warehouse…

Edit:Newegg & Amazon’s deal ended, back to $250 at both places now.

Attachments

• EE48FC93-4D40-45AA-A190-7E92F5A0FAF1.png
    EE48FC93-4D40-45AA-A190-7E92F5A0FAF1.png
    71.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 79BC204E-3E4D-4408-82F8-A9C6C0B1E371.png
    79BC204E-3E4D-4408-82F8-A9C6C0B1E371.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I think you are confusing with 'With Heatsink' model.

Nope. Amazon might be confused, since anything to the right sidebar applies to what's front and center.

Go ahead, click on the above amazon link OP provided and look right and down. It's still there.

BTW the part number for the "with heat-sink" is, MZ-V8P2T0CW. The one without is, MZ-V8P2T0B/AM.

Edit: And yes there's a "used but good" under the "with heatsink" just a different price ($193)

Last edited:
Well this what it looks like for me on mobile options to buy “New” on top (default seletion) and “Used” on bottom. The “new” was $194 during Prime Day on Amazon and Newegg (With Best Buy and some others price matching), and back to $250 now. A few people I know bought it during the event so either a redirect or something in your end not sure… But interesting regradless. I guess I’m better off posting associated pictures as well next time and people can search themselves to avoid potential issues.

Attachments

• 695E850D-80BE-4A58-9668-7EEC78F5F2F9.jpeg
    695E850D-80BE-4A58-9668-7EEC78F5F2F9.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
I don't believe pictures really help either.

Only actual model/part numbers do.

Yes, amazon links do not translate well for 'sharing' (at a global level) at all, IME.

Nope. Amazon might be confused, since anything to the right sidebar applies to what's front and center.

Go ahead, click on the above amazon link OP provided and look right and down. It's still there.

BTW the part number for the "with heat-sink" is, MZ-V8P2T0CW. The one without is, MZ-V8P2T0B/AM.

Edit: And yes there's a "used but good" under the "with heatsink" just a different price ($193)
No. His link is correct. I've checked when he posted it, PC and Mobile.
If we click his link it goes to MZ-V8P2T0B(without heatsink), shipped and sold by Amazon. The price was $194. It's $249.99 now. We can see the price without Login.
MZ-V8P2T0CW(with heatsink): The price was $249.99. It's same price now, shipped and sold by Amazon. We can't see the Amazon's price without Login.
MZ-V8P2T0B: The link is ended with 'B08RK2SR23'.
MZ-V8P2T0CW: The link is ended with 'B09JHKSNNG'.
Those links are permanent links. Sometimes Amazon takes us to Used Price, Only shows 3rd party items except Shipped and Sold by Amazon or 'Currently Unavailable' when we don't login. If you see a different page not like us it means your Browser or cookie issue, otherwise something else. Some Antivirus softwares inject Scripts into Web pages. It breaks web pages a lot. We can find your situation from infected devices sometimes.

Last edited:
Well this what it looks like for me on mobile options to buy “New” on top (default seletion) and “Used” on bottom. The “new” was $194 during Prime Day on Amazon and Newegg (With Best Buy and some others price matching), and back to $250 now. A few people I know bought it during the event so either a redirect or something in your end not sure… But interesting regradless. I guess I’m better off posting associated pictures as well next time and people can search themselves to avoid potential issues.
I can see exactly same pages like you.

No. His link is correct. I've checked when he posted it, PC and Mobile.
If we click his link it goes to MZ-V8P2T0B(without heatsink), shipped and sold by Amazon. The price was $194. It's $249.99 now. We can see the price without Login.
MZ-V8P2T0CW(with heatsink): The price was $249.99. It's same price now, shipped and sold by Amazon. We can't see the Amazon's price without Login.
MZ-V8P2T0B: The link is ended with 'B08RK2SR23'.
MZ-V8P2T0CW: The link is ended with 'B09JHKSNNG'.
Those links are permanent links. Sometimes Amazon takes us to Used Price, Only shows 3rd party items except Shipped and Sold by Amazon or 'Currently Unavailable' when we don't login. If you see a different page not like us it means your Browser or cookie issue, otherwise something else. Some Antivirus softwares inject Scripts into Web pages. It breaks web pages a lot. We can find your situation from infected devices sometimes.

Didn't say it was. I was point out what's in the sidebar. I answered OP where it was at, and it snowballed from there. Avtellas second mobile photo even agrees with the desktop version. The two photos below are from a different browser were I'm not signed in. So no cookies beyond what everyone gets when they first visit. And the only antivirus is what windows comes with.

Attachments

• without heatsink.jpeg
    without heatsink.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 71
  • with heatsink.jpeg
    with heatsink.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 72
Didn't say it was. I was point out what's in the sidebar. I answered OP where it was at, and it snowballed from there. Avtellas second mobile photo even agrees with the desktop version. The two photos below are from a different browser were I'm not signed in. So no cookies beyond what everyone gets when they first visit. And the only antivirus is what windows comes with.
I don't understand what you are talking about.o_O