What's new

3.0.0.4.220.18b issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

house

Regular Contributor
Hi there,
i have one issue - i see a connected host in System Log - DHCP leases, i see him in System Log - Wireless Log, but i can't sees him on network map - Client status... strange :( its a android device (galaxy s3) with static ip and before uprade everything works well, other client are visible ok... i forgot to mension that this issue is on 5 ghz band...

Last edited:
Hi there,
i have one issue - i see a connected host in System Log - DHCP leases, i see him in System Log - Wireless Log, but i can't sees him on network map - Client status... strange :( its a android device (galaxy s3) with static ip and before uprade everything works well, other client are visible ok... i forgot to mension that this issue is on 5 ghz band...

It probably misses it because of the static IP. It won't show on Network Map unless it actually requests a DHCP lease.

Make sure you create a DHCP Static entry on the router matching the MAC address, then toggle the wifi off/on on the phone to force the sending of a DHCP query for a new (static) lease.

It probably misses it because of the static IP. It won't show on Network Map unless it actually requests a DHCP lease.

Is this a change from the stock Asus firmware? I have one computer with a static IP address (my immobile desktop computer), and its static LAN address shows in the client list using 3.0.0.3.162.

Last edited:
Is this a change from the stock Asus firmware? I have one computer with a static IP address (my immobile desktop computer), and its static LAN address shows in the client list using 3.0.0.3.162.

I haven't changed anything related to Network Map, but Asus is constantly working on improving it. At least here it no longer randomly report stations with my workgroup as their name.

Make sure you create a DHCP Static entry on the router matching the MAC address, then toggle the wifi off/on on the phone to force the sending of a DHCP query for a new (static) lease.

my mistake, its not static but "Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list(list limit:32)" - before he was in network map - right now it hasn't. :/

Tried the new build (200.18b) on n66u, but the dual wan doesn't seem to work.... both wans are dchp (which no need any password to log on)....
I hooked up 1 wan to wan port while another wan to lan 4.... within the menu, i choose wan 1 = wan, wan 2 = lan & lan 4..... load balancing... 3:1
However, once reload, i basically can't access internet or anything at all.......
please help......

Hi merlin

I'm using your 18b version and download master is not working... i dont know if its just me or have other users also have this problem?

Thank you. I really appreciate your work and always looking forward for your latest updates.

Hi merlin

I'm using your 18b version and download master is not working... i dont know if its just me or have other users also have this problem?

Thank you. I really appreciate your work and always looking forward for your latest updates.

Download Master is separate from the firmware, so it's outside of my control. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it. I've seen Asus release a few updates to it in the past week or two.

Tried the new build (200.18b) on n66u, but the dual wan doesn't seem to work.... both wans are dchp (which no need any password to log on)....
I hooked up 1 wan to wan port while another wan to lan 4.... within the menu, i choose wan 1 = wan, wan 2 = lan & lan 4..... load balancing... 3:1
However, once reload, i basically can't access internet or anything at all.......
please help......

Dual WAN is an experimental feature that is still being developed by Asus, so it's not guaranteed to work properly.

Thanks merlin for the quick reply. if I uninstall and then re-install download master, would my completed downloads on my connected usb drive on the router be deleted?

Thanks merlin for the quick reply. if I uninstall and then re-install download master, would my completed downloads on my connected usb drive on the router be deleted?

They shouldn't be, but I never actually tested it since I don't use Download Master. To be safe just rename the Download folder to something else, and change it back afterward.

hi merlin,

I dont know if this related to your 220.18b fw but when i click on network map and then client, the number of clients shown does not match the number of client status, even if i click refresh. i have attached a jpeg for your reference. thank you so much!

Attachments

• client status.jpg
    client status.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 509
hi merlin,

I dont know if this related to your 220.18b fw but when i click on network map and then client, the number of clients shown does not match the number of client status, even if i click refresh. i have attached a jpeg for your reference. thank you so much!

The Network Map code is unchanged from the original Asus code. Might be one of your clients causing a problem with the network mapper, causing it to fail to properly populate it.

The Network Map code is unchanged from the original Asus code. Might be one of your clients causing a problem with the network mapper, causing it to fail to properly populate it.

I have not experience this with the older version of asus firmware or your firmware (162 &178) only with 220... i'll will install the 220 from asus and see if i still have that problem and give you a feed back as soon as i can. saturday and sunday here at home is very busy for the router... my family will be complaining if they loose connection. lol :)) i will test it on monday.

thanks for your usual quick reply.