What's new

300 to 500 Mbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ng4ever

Regular Contributor
Is this the fastest I am going to see on Wifi 5 without going Wifi 6 ?

Just asking mainly.

Though if you really must know it is because I transfer files from my computer to my iPhone and iPad wirelessly with my media player app on the iPhone and iPad. I don't like using iTunes. Yes I know I bought a iDevice why would you not use iTunes ? I just don't like it.

My point is it is important to have fast wireless speed so I can transfer files to my iPhone and iPad as quick as possible. Almost as quick as through iTunes even maybe.

WiFi6 isn't going to give you any higher speed without a WiFi6 device. There are no WiFi6 iPads. iPhone 11 only is WiFi6.

My testing shows that even with WiFi6, the best chance for throughput gain is on 2.4 GHz due to higher supported link rates. You won't see much of a speed boost on 5 GHz unless your device supports 160 MHz and your WiFi6 router can use the DFS channels. This may not be possible if you are near an area where there is public safety radar in use.

Last edited:
WiFi6 isn't going to give you any higher speed without a WiFi6 device. There are no WiFi6 iPads. iPhone 10 is WiFi6.

My testing shows that even with WiFi6, the best chance for throughput gain is on 2.4 GHz due to higher supported link rates. You won't see much of a speed boost on 5 GHz unless your device supports 160 MHz and your WiFi6 router can use the DFS channels. This may not be possible if you are near an area where there is public safety radar in use.

Actually there is Wifi6 iPads now. (Latest iPad Pro 2020)

Also, Broadcom's BCM4375 smartphone combo chip, which is used in Samsung's Galaxy S10 family and Apple's iPhone 11, does not support 160 MHz bandwidth

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!