What's new

380.62_1 : OpenVPN : Client Configurations : How to remove?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

C

ChicagoJoe

Looking through the menus and I can't find a 'click here' method to remove all VPN client configurations.
After searching through the forums the only hit I find is a reference to UNSETting the variables via CLI.
Is this the only way to remove all VPN client configs at once?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking through the menus and I can't find a 'click here' method to remove all VPN client configurations.
After searching through the forums the only hit I find is a reference to UNSETting the variables via CLI.
Is this the only way to remove all VPN client configs at once?

To remove a VPN client configuration, can you not simply import an 'empty' .ovpn ?

e.g. remove.ovpn

Code:
client
remote "" 1234       
cert a.crt
key a.key
ca ca.crt
dev tun

Does the 'Default' button at the bottom of the page not do it?

To remove a VPN client configuration, can you not simply import an 'empty' .ovpn ?

e.g. remove.ovpn

Code:
client
remote "" 1234      
cert a.crt
key a.key
ca ca.crt
dev tun

I could try that. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simpler and obvious.

I could try that. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simpler and obvious.
As @L&LD said.....Default button at the bottom of the page. It resets the particular VPN instance you have open (not all of them if you have more than one defined)

It does. I was looking for something that would remove ALL VPN client configs in one shot.
I can
  1. Select 'Client 1' through drop down
  2. Click 'Default'
  3. Click 'OK' on the popup
  4. Wait for the Applying action to complete
  5. Click 'Apply' (not sure if this is needed: does Step 4 clear the config and save to NVRAM?)
  6. Wait for the Applying action to complete
  7. Got to Step 1 and repeat as needed for all clients
I was just looking for a 'Delete all VPN client configs' button.