What's new

380.66-alpha1 issue with WebUI main page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fitz Mutch

I compiled and flashed the latest master commit (fc95554) plus my source code changes for RT-AC68U. I'm able to login to the WebUI. However, the main page is all garbled up. This happens with three different browsers. Is anyone else having an issue with the RT-AC68U WebUI? If no, it could be my side. My Github skills are low.

Also, Asus forgot a source code, notify_rc.c, which I simply copied from 380.65. Now it compiles good.

Also, Asus forgot a source code, notify_rc.c, which I simply copied from 380.65. Now it compiles good.

They didn't forget it, it's now closed source.

why would that need to be closed source????
Asus is just reminding everyone who's in charge? In GPL 7266, apparently they shortened the timeout from 30 sec to 15 sec for a service to respond, before killing it. Just objdump and diff the "o" files. That's the only difference.
Code:
--- a/notify_rc.asm
+++ b/notify_rc.asm
@@ -263,12 +263,12 @@

000003ec <notify_rc>:
  3ec:  e3a01000        mov     r1, #0
- 3f0:  e3a0201e        mov     r2, #30
+ 3f0:  e3a0200f        mov     r2, #15
  3f4:  eaffff6d        b       1b0 <notify_rc_internal>

HOWTO see it
Code:
objdump -D a/notify_rc.o > a/notify_rc.asm
objdump -D b/notify_rc.o > b/notify_rc.asm
diff a/notify_rc.asm b/notify_rc.asm

Last edited:
Asus is just reminding everyone who's in charge? In GPL 7266, apparently they shortened the timeout from 30 sec to 15 sec for a service to respond, before killing it. Just objdump and diff the "o" files. That's the only difference.

That timeout was actually increased by me, at the time we ran into numerous timing issues with the RT-AC87U. That was the only change I had made to notify_rc.c, so switching to Asus's closed blob, it's the only change at this time.

That seems a bit excessive.....why would that need to be closed source????

Based on other changes I've seen them make to another binary blob (where they forgot to remove the source file), I suspect they are trying to obfuscate some of the commands sent to rc to control wireless parameters. This prevent someone from modifying the notify_rc code to intercept those hidden command and log them.[/QUOTE]

That timeout was actually increased by me, at the time we ran into numerous timing issues with the RT-AC87U. That was the only change I had made to notify_rc.c, so switching to Asus's closed blob, it's the only change at this time.

Based on other changes I've seen them make to another binary blob (where they forgot to remove the source file), I suspect they are trying to obfuscate some of the commands sent to rc to control wireless parameters. This prevent someone from modifying the notify_rc code to intercept those hidden command and log them.
I'm trying to build rtn66u model but I cannot find the notify_rc.c or notify_rc.o in the repository. Am I wrong?
Also dropbox_client has some issue, like missing prebuild directory (based on makefile) and the same the ftpclient and sambaclient.

Last edited:
I'm trying to build rtn66u model but I cannot find the notify_rc.c or notify_rc.o in the repository. Am I wrong?
Also dropbox_client has some issue, like missing prebuild directory (based on makefile) and the same the ftpclient and sambaclient.

This is development code. It wasn't tested against all models. You're pretty much on your own if you want to build code from the HEAD of the repo.