What's new

380.67_beta4 bug report. Network Map display

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eastavin

There seems to be some ongoing issue with the display of the clients in the network map page. It existed in beta 2 and is here as well.

I always seem to have 1 or 2 Ethernet wired clients displaying with the tag STATIC in the client IP address field of the VIEW LIST that are not static. These erroneously displayed devices are within the DHCP range, and are NOT bound to the Mac address. The should be displaying with the DHCP tag/Automatic IP.

Its not necessarily the same devices all the time either as I have seen the Static tag appear on different devices and then have resolved when I check again the next day. Not sure what is causing this.

I do have 5 devices where I am using the "Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list" feature . But these appear to be constant so far and correctly displayed.

I am pretty sure I have seen this behaviour with the non-beta firmware too. Does anyone have any ideas as to the cause? or what else to try and test?

Many thanks

Edward

One common cause is if a client is running off an old DHCP lease that predates the last router reboot. Things get back in sync after that client obtains a new lease. The router incorrectly thinks it's static because it does not have it in its list of current leases.

Thanks. I will shorten the lease time to be much less than the predicted off time of the client and see if that clears it up over the next few days.

Thanks. I will shorten the lease time to be much less than the predicted off time of the client and see if that clears it up over the next few days.

Restarting the clients should have the same effect, it will cause them to request a new lease.