What's new

[384.15_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopus

Part of the Furniture
Last edited:
I have been running this version on the RT-AX88U for 3 days and 12 hours now, no issues.

Adaptive QoS upload does not limit (download limits just fine)
Wifi 6/ax mode does not enable and disable unless you enable it during the setup. It indicates enabled but the moment you click to another tab and back it still shows disabled

@S.claus are you hitting the Apply button at the bottom of the page?

Hey, all you self-compilers, are you having trouble compiling 384.15_a1?

I'm getting this error...

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/;)/amng/release/src/router'
Makefile:4115: *** missing separator. Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/;)/amng/release/src/router'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:4469: setprofile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/;)/amng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:4293: bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/;)/amng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd'
make: *** [Makefile:4439: rt-ac86u] Error 2

Hey, all you self-compilers, are you having trouble compiling 384.15_a1?

I'm getting this error...

make[3]: Entering directory '/home/;)/amng/release/src/router'
Makefile:4115: *** missing separator. Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/;)/amng/release/src/router'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:4469: setprofile] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/;)/amng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:4293: bin] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/;)/amng/release/src-rt-5.02hnd'
make: *** [Makefile:4439: rt-ac86u] Error 2

I had issues when using mainline branch.. git throws an error. I managed to compile fine using Master branch ( I know we -86U users should use Mainline).
Can someone tell me why not to use Master branch for ac-rt86u?

Last edited:
@S.claus are you hitting the Apply button at the bottom of the page?
I have applied the settings and I rebooted the router afterward no change. I, however, did not select a WAN packet overhead

@S.claus I just tried (again) and if I hit apply, the AX mode doesn't revert back to where it was. I think you are replying to another issue. ;)

When hitting Apply, the GUI refreshes and the new setting is selected until I choose to use the other setting (I prefer AX mode currently). :)

I had issues when using mainline branch.. git throws an error. I managed to compile fine using Master branch ( I know we -86U users should use Mainline).
Can someone tell me why not to use Master branch for ac-rt86u?

@RMerlin does merge master git with mainline. It's how we do the commits when the master branch complains that the mainline branch has old files. I use git commit -a to synch master with mainline. The git manual I follow says to do: 1. git checkout master, 2. git pull, 3. git checkout mainline, 4. git merge master.... It works until master complains mainline has a "pimple."

@S.claus I just tried (again) and if I hit apply, the AX mode doesn't revert back to where it was. I think you are replying to another issue. ;)

When hitting Apply, the GUI refreshes and the new setting is selected until I choose to use the other setting (I prefer AX mode currently). :)
Ok enable/disable it and go into professional 5G settings and check if you can select OFDMA or is it blanked out

Asus split the RT-AX88U code from their other models, forcing me to also split that between mainline and rtax88u. Since I didn't want to create two separate patches for everything that I did, I forked the mainline and rtax88 branches off. Since then, changes that apply to all branches are committed to master (like updated curl/dnsmasq/etc...). Code that is GPL-specific will be applied only to their relevant branch (either mainline or rtax88).

So, you don't want to build from master, unless you want to use a one-year old GPL with only the updated third party components or global fixes applied. Master has to merged on top of mainline/rtax88 to obtain the latest up-to-date code before building from either of these two. I only do so on git from time to time.

This will be the case until the day Asus merges the rt-ax88u code back onto their "main" repository, which will allow me to once again merge them back together into one single branch - master itself.

@RMerlin does merge master git with mainline. It's how we do the commits when the master branch complains that the mainline branch has old files. I use git commit -a to synch master with mainline. The git manual I follow says to do: 1. git checkout master, 2. git pull, 3. git checkout mainline, 4. git merge master.... It works until master complains mainline has a "pimple."

Git merging does require some hands-on knowledge about git to resolve merge conflicts, they will occasionally require human intervention if the same part of the code was changed both on master and the branch. For instance this is currently the case when merging master on top of rtax88.

Ok enable/disable it and go into professional 5G settings and check if you can select OFDMA or is it blanked out

When 802.11AX/Wi-Fi 6 mode is Enabled, I can select OFDMA Enable or Disable.

When 802.11AX/Wi-Fi 6 mode is Disabled, OFDMA is disabled with yellow/orange text stating to Enable Wi-Fi 6 mode to enable that functionality.

When 802.11AX/Wi-Fi 6 mode is Enabled, I can select OFDMA Enable or Disable.

When 802.11AX/Wi-Fi 6 mode is Disabled, OFDMA is disabled with yellow/orange text stating to Enable Wi-Fi 6 mode to enable that functionality.
This makes sense as it's the default behavior you need wifi6 to get OFDMA.

This early alpha runs really well on my AX88U, and I don't have any error messages in the syslog. Only small thing here, DNSSEC tests don't run quite clean ly on this site. —> http://0skar.cz/dns/en/

Thank you RMerlin!

@Milan ...
Are you connected via DNS over TLS?
(WAN Settings)

:)

This early alpha runs really well on my AX88U, and I don't have any error messages in the syslog. Only small thing here, DNSSEC tests don't run quite clean ly on this site. —> http://0skar.cz/dns/en/

Thank you RMerlin!

Same here as well. Some of the tests do not pass validation. Did not experience this with previous FWs and have kept my configuration the same for quite some time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!