What's new

384.19 AC3100 Disassociated because sending station is leaving

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nr1864

New Around Here
My router is borderline unusable at this point. Disconnects every 15 minutes. I've attached the syslog.
What I've done so far to try to fix this:
-Disabled smart connect (Wireless/General)
-Disabled 2.4 Band (Wireless/Professional)
-Disabled Airtime Fitness, Multi-User MIMO, as well as both the beamforming services.

Below is a snippet of the syslog of what I believe is causing the frequent disconnects.

Oct 5 09:22:06 acsd: selected channel spec: 0xe29b (157/80)
Oct 5 09:22:06 acsd: Adjusted channel spec: 0xe29b (157/80)
Oct 5 09:22:06 acsd: selected channel spec: 0xe29b (157/80)
Oct 5 09:22:06 acsd: eth2 received event: MAC tx failures (exhaustion of 802.11 retries) exceeding threshold(s)
Oct 5 09:22:11 acsd: eth2: NONACSD channel switching to channel spec: 0xe29b (157/80)
Oct 5 09:22:24 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(481): eth2: Disassoc 48:45:20:EF:11:C7, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Oct 5 09:22:24 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(500): eth2: Auth 48:45:20:EF:11:C7, status: Successful (0)
Oct 5 09:22:24 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(529): eth2: Assoc 48:45:20:EF:11:C7, status: Successful (0)
Oct 5 09:22:24 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(466): eth2: Deauth_ind 48:45:20:EF:11:C7, status: 0, reason: Unspecified reason (1)
Oct 5 09:22:24 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(481): eth2: Disassoc 48:45:20:EF:11:C7, status: 0, reason: Disassociated because sending station is leaving (or has left) BSS (8)
Oct 5 09:22:24 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(466): eth2: Deauth_ind 48:45:20:EF:11:C7, status: 0, reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated station (7)
Oct 5 09:22:29 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(500): eth2: Auth 48:45:20:EF:11:C7, status: Successful (0)
Oct 5 09:22:29 syslog: WLCEVENTD wlceventd_proc_event(529): eth2: Assoc 48:45:20:EF:11:C7, status: Successful (0)
Oct 5 09:22:31 dnsmasq-dhcp[413]: DHCPREQUEST(br0) 192.168.1.121 48:45:20:ef:11:c7
Oct 5 09:22:31 dnsmasq-dhcp[413]: DHCPACK(br0) 192.168.1.121 48:45:20:ef:11:c7 LAPTOP-EIE6U34V

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is driving me crazy.

Attachments

• syslog (1).txt
    39.3 KB · Views: 145
I suggest you turn off automatic channel selection for 5GHz. Set it to channel 44 with a bandwidth of 80MHz. See if that reduces some of the "noise" in the log.

Then have a look on the router for your client's received signal strength. I suspect it is too weak. If so that might be because there is too much RF noise in your environment.

@nr1864 This is an ASUS mistake in their closed source code. As quoted by RMerlin -
wlceventd is unrelated to DHCP. It's a daemon Asuswrt runs to detect wireless client connecting/disconnecting. There's a bug in the closed source code that has debugging output getting logged even if debugging is disabled (it doesn't properly check the debug flag state).

Second part of this reply from Sept. 14, 2019

I suggest you turn off automatic channel selection for 5GHz. Set it to channel 44 with a bandwidth of 80MHz. See if that reduces some of the "noise" in the log.

Then have a look on the router for your client's received signal strength. I suspect it is too weak. If so that might be because there is too much RF noise in your environment.

I have tried doing that. It was good for a few hours. However I'm quickly getting the disconnects again.

@nr1864 This is an ASUS mistake in their closed source code. As quoted by RMerlin -

Second part of this reply from Sept. 14, 2019

The devices are literally feet away from the router, in the same room together. Signal strength to router shouldn't be an issue.

I have tried doing that. It was good for a few hours. However I'm quickly getting the disconnects again.
Can you post the new log for us to look at.

The devices are literally feet away from the router, in the same room together. Signal strength to router shouldn't be an issue.
Unless there's something physically wrong with the router. Whilst unlikely these things do occasionally happen, even straight out of the box. Checking what the RSSI is (System Log - Wireless Log) might give an indication of that.

Last edited:
My log is flooded with these for my smart tv that connects wireless. no idea why i just ignore it. I figure cause when its off its constantly broadcasting for when to be woke remotely? Its very strange. but it connects and runs fine. Is there a way to stop it from logging? Edit: just read above that its bugged. figures.

Install latest Merlin firmware, then using AMTM, install scribe and uiscribe. That will at least separate those messages out of the main syslog and get rid of the clutter.

Can you post the new log for us to look at.

Unless there's something physically wrong with the router. Whilst unlikely these things do occasionally happen, even straight out of the box. Checking what the RSSI is (System Log - Wireless Log) might give an indication of that.

What log settings should I be set to so I can remove all this 'clutter'? Then I'll upload a fresh log. Currently I'm set to debug being the default message log level, with all being logged.

Attachments

• 20201006_093846.jpg
    20201006_093846.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 247
What log settings should I be set to so I can remove all this 'clutter'? Then I'll upload a fresh log. Currently I'm set to debug being the default message log level, with all being logged.
Don't remove the clutter, at the moment it's useful for debugging your problem. I never asked you to do that, that was a response by another poster to a different person's issue. I asked you to set a fixed channel so that it would eliminate the client disconnections when the channel changed.

Have you checked the RSSI yet?

EDIT: You can leave the logging levels at their default values because I don't think it will change what you're seeing in the logs:
Default message log level = notice
Log only messages more urgent than = debug

Last edited:
Don't remove the clutter, at the moment it's useful for debugging your problem. I never asked you to do that, that was a response by another poster to a different person's issue. I asked you to set a fixed channel so that it would eliminate the client disconnections when the channel changed.

EDIT: You can leave the logging levels at their default values because I don't think it will change what you're seeing in the logs:

I've got the 5g set to the fixed channel you had specified. 2.4G is disabled. I restarted router, all is working well so far. However, that's usually how it goes. When I get the Disassociated because sending station is leaving message, my internet acts weird. I'm not disconnected, but some websites I loose connection to. Like I can go on google, youtube, but can't go on snforums, facebook, etc. I know my modem is okay, because I can ping those websites. Would LOVE to get this issue resolved. And I assume its related to the disassoc error, as that error only shows up when my internet gets wonky.

I'm not sure how to get the exact RSSI value from the router. However, from the network map, the router has full bars for the 5G signal, same as the client device.

I got a fresh log running, I'll upload it once the problems happen again.

do you have IGMP snooping turned on on your 2.4ghz network? I had something very similar happening until i turned that off. Do you have another other wireless extenders connected to the main router?

do you have IGMP snooping turned on on your 2.4ghz network? I had something very similar happening until i turned that off. Do you have another other wireless extenders connected to the main router?

I have 2.4 channel completely disabled. And no, no extenders are connected to the router. And all devices are in the same room.

Here is the newest log. The internet is really weird. I'm using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my WAN & LAN DNS. I'm not straight up disconnected. But loose access to all websites that aren't owned by google.

Here is the newest log. The internet is really weird. I'm using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for my WAN & LAN DNS. I'm not straight up disconnected. But loose access to all websites that aren't owned by google.
There's no log file.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!