What's new

384.4 on 87U Shows all 5g devices as wired

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gatecrasher63

New Around Here
I installed the latest version 384.4 and all my 5G devices are being listed under "wired" in the client list screen. The 5G list is always empty

ta

I installed the latest version 384.4 and all my 5G devices are being listed under "wired" in the client list screen. The 5G list is always empty

ta
It has long been clear through many versions that the client lists are imperfect in several respects, due to Asus-written code that the Merlin project does not attempt to re-engineer.

I recently set up my new 86U along with a family member's. His is on 384.3 and network map works fine, all device show their device names properly, connection type properly, and all custom changes are saved etc. Mine is on 384.4 and a couple device only show MAC address instead of their device name (NAS and printer). Also, all Apple devices show up as wired and network map won't save any changes I make to my smart tv name or icon. Lastly devices that have an internal website/settings page such as printers and NAS don't have clickable ip address link anymore. Hopefully these issues get fixed in a future release.

Last edited:
I recently set up my new 86U along with a family member's. His is on 384.3 and network map works fine, all device show their device names properly, connection type properly, and all custom changes are saved etc. Mine is on 384.4 and a couple device only show MAC address instead of their device name (NAS and printer). Also, all Apple devices show up as wired and network map won't save any changes I make to my smart tv name or icon. Lastly devices that have an internal website/settings page such as printers and NAS don't have clickable ip address link anymore. Hopefully these issues get fixed in a future release.

Clear your browser cache , then power cycle your router. ( Leave router power button on , pull mains plug from socket, wait 2-3 minutes and power on again.

I confirm the same issue with 87U and 384. Didn't even notice that before, which means I can live with it :)

I confirm the same issue with RT-AC87U and 384.4_0, all my 5G devices are being listed under "wired" in the client list screen. The 5G list is always empty (0); I deleted the browser's cache, turned off the router for 10 minutes, and restarted it without result

Clear your browser cache , then power cycle your router. ( Leave router power button on , pull mains plug from socket, wait 2-3 minutes and power on again.

I had tried clearing cache and rebooting the router but not power cycling it. I followed your advice and now network map did save the changes to the smart tv name and icon, but all other issues remain.

AndreiV said:

I did see that post from RMerlin, the forum search he linked to listed a few old posts, some which specified an unrelated issue with offline clients showing up as wired. I tried a couple of different forum searches and came up with some posts in firmware release threads talking about the wired issue and others about the netbios name not showing up but not about the clickable ip addresses missing for internal device pages. The consensus seems to be that network map is messy closed source Asus code with issues popping up every now and then so we can only hope Asus will fix these issues in the future, especially since it gives a convenient overview of all our devices.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!