What's new

384.4_2 causing RT-AC3200 2.4 GHz flakey

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zeddie

New Around Here
I upgraded from 380.70 to 384.4_2 and my RT-AC3200 2.4 GHz WIFI is acting strangely. BTW, I did a factory reset after upgrading to ensure the config is generated by 3.8.4.x

For some reason, some devices cannot connect to it. My Pixel 2 XL keeps saying wrong passphrase (even though it's correct). My Win 20 laptop cannot connect either, nor does my iPad or Google Homes (I have 3),..

Strangely, my Nest products (RingPro and Protect) and Logitech Harmony is fine, but they drop out every so often and reconnect. You can also see this in the Device List (sort by interface) on the Asus router web interface.

Is anyone else having this issue? I cannot downgrade back to 380.70, which I believe has to do with the new boot code/loader.

If I reboot, everything works fine for a while, then my Google Homes disconnects.

Edit: Just downgraded to 384.3 - so far it's working now, BUT not sure if that's the reboot temporarily fixing it or if it's permanent. I'll leave it for now to see what happens.

Last edited:
Try initialize with no USB device plugged in , I had to reset then initialize before it worked properly , also a hard reset after all that before I reentered all my settings

Do you have more than 20 2.4GHz devices connecting? I get the same problem after 20-25 devices have connected.

I upgraded from 380.70 to 384.4_2 and my RT-AC3200 2.4 GHz WIFI is acting strangely. BTW, I did a factory reset after upgrading to ensure the config is generated by 3.8.4.x

For some reason, some devices cannot connect to it. My Pixel 2 XL keeps saying wrong passphrase (even though it's correct). My Win 20 laptop cannot connect either, nor does my iPad or Google Homes (I have 3),..

Strangely, my Nest products (RingPro and Protect) and Logitech Harmony is fine, but they drop out every so often and reconnect. You can also see this in the Device List (sort by interface) on the Asus router web interface.

Is anyone else having this issue? I cannot downgrade back to 380.70, which I believe has to do with the new boot code/loader.

If I reboot, everything works fine for a while, then my Google Homes disconnects.

Edit: Just downgraded to 384.3 - so far it's working now, BUT not sure if that's the reboot temporarily fixing it or if it's permanent. I'll leave it for now to see what happens.

I have a brand new RT-88U running 384.4_2 with the same problem. Going to the wireless>pro settings you can turn off the 2.4ghz radio and turn it back on. Everything starts working again. I'm thinking there is just a bug in 384.x.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!