1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

384.4_2 - RT-AC88U --- 2.4ghz radio stopped broadcasting

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by zoggy, Apr 16, 2018.

1. zoggy

zoggy Occasional Visitor

384.4_2 - RT-AC88U

After 3 days of up-time I noticed that some devices weren't working upon investigation I found that the 2.4ghz wireless network was not being broadcasted. The 'hide' option was not set. I turned off the 2.4ghz radio and turned it back on and everything is connecting just fine once again. Not sure if there is some sort of log file I can see to find out what crashed/what happen?

2. accolito

accolito Occasional Visitor

For such reason I gave back my 88u: wifi is behaving bad, no matter which fw version i flashed.
    Try this: power off the unit then wait 5/10 minutes. Power it back and everything should work.

3. zoggy

zoggy Occasional Visitor

turning the wireless radio off and on does make it work again as noted before. but having to reboot the router to make the 2.4ghz wireless is not ideal. I never had such issues with my RT-66U with merlin's firmware. guessing this 384.x is just bugged?

4. zoggy

zoggy Occasional Visitor

to note that this is happening again, at least this time it made it just over 3 weeks: 21 days 20 hours 23 minute(s) 5 seconds