What's new

384.4_2 - RT-AC88U --- 2.4ghz radio stopped broadcasting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zoggy

Occasional Visitor
384.4_2 - RT-AC88U

After 3 days of up-time I noticed that some devices weren't working upon investigation I found that the 2.4ghz wireless network was not being broadcasted. The 'hide' option was not set. I turned off the 2.4ghz radio and turned it back on and everything is connecting just fine once again. Not sure if there is some sort of log file I can see to find out what crashed/what happen?

For such reason I gave back my 88u: wifi is behaving bad, no matter which fw version i flashed.
Try this: power off the unit then wait 5/10 minutes. Power it back and everything should work.

turning the wireless radio off and on does make it work again as noted before. but having to reboot the router to make the 2.4ghz wireless is not ideal. I never had such issues with my RT-66U with merlin's firmware. guessing this 384.x is just bugged?

to note that this is happening again, at least this time it made it just over 3 weeks: 21 days 20 hours 23 minute(s) 5 seconds

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!