What's new

384.5 - ac5300 - Redirect Internet traffic/Policy Rules bug?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jared

New Around Here
All, sorry if this has been addressed or answered but I just tried Merlin because VPN (vyprVPN) speeds were trash (20Mbps of 130 possible dl). Merlin rocks, speed is average 40Mbps now...sweet. So, problem is the feature of Redirect Internet traffic = Policy Rules of Policy Rules (strict) seems to bypass the vpn by default. Am I missing something? Shouldn't I be able to simply state which device (i.e. roku) I want to bypass?

Cheers,
J

The default policy is to NOT use the VPN. You must define rules as to which devices you want to route through the tunnel.

ok, thanks. I'll just do a subnet to catch everything and then WAN as needed. I expect then it must process WAN first. ...? Cheers!

ok, thanks. I'll just do a subnet to catch everything and then WAN as needed. I expect then it must process WAN first. ...? Cheers!

WAN rules have the highest priority, yes. So you can create WAN exceptions inside a VPN-routed subnet, yes.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!