What's new

AC86U smart connect wifi on 384.5 & 384.6 gets borked after a week and needs a reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

madfusker

Regular Contributor
Updating my 384.5 experience here. After wiping the AC86U several times about a month ago, I was able to stabilize it with no more random reboots, and it has been working great for the most part. My only problem right now is that wifi will eventually degrade over about a week, and then work about 30% effective or less. So browsing the internet over wifi is mediocre and works for the most part in this degraded state, but then it completely fails with video streaming. It will play 10 sec and then buffer a while, and do this over and over. Even on small files that are 50MB that should stream easy. After a router reboot it will shape right up and work fine for a while.

Any tips for fixing this, or wait for new release? I could set the auto reboot feature once a week, but hate the interruptions that can kill my downloads in progress.

A feature in administration that allows a recurring router reboot at a specifed time.

I adjusted the wifi switchover settings from -87 to -65 and will see if that helps. It's possible my upper level is caught right on the 5.0/2.4 bubble and making it switch back and forth, therefore causing it to not work.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!