What's new

384.6 Advanced DHCP page bug?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dels

New Around Here
Hi all,

I finally decided to make the jump tonight and I am very happy with the overall improvements... thanks a lot for the great product!

I was browsing all the links in the web interface and all was fine, then I decided to change the start of my DHCP range to help clean up my static reservations and all of a sudden the Advanced_DHCP_Content.asp completely changed behavior (i.e not usable at all) and was not showing my staticlist, even though it was right there in the nvram when I run "nvram get dhcp_staticlist". My first instinct was to try with different browsers, but no dice. I then reverted the change (through ssh since nothing can be done from the page itself), then I rebooted... still no luck.

One thing I noted along the way is that the list in nvram was in a different order than what I had it originally (thank god I still had that old session in buffer!) as I had displayed it ordered by ip (ascending) while looking at the different links and menus.

After much back and forth, I decided to restore the dhcp_staticlist the way it was before and it magically made the webpage behave as expected.

I have attached a screenshot of the defect page, as you can see it is not loading the menu or anything else that is not DHCP Server related, and hitting apply just doesn't do anything.

I hope this explains it well enough (brain is kinda fried!)... I am sorry if this is not the proper place to submit a bug, but I went with what I knew would get to you... and I fixed the problem after I had started typing.

EDIT: I found the github repo and filed https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/183

Anyways, let me know if you need more info!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 12.47.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 12.47.15 AM.png
    289.3 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Do you have any unusual characters in the client names ?

If I remember correctly, the only characters allowed by the relevant technical standard are letters, numbers and the minus sign.

Inverted commas (both single and double) are especially likely to cause problems.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!