What's new

384.7_2 bug UPNP setting & AI Protection disagree

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

eastavin

Since installing this update from 384.7 I have noticed that AI protection reports 1 risk - it says UPNP disabled NO.

When I goto the WAN screen and check the enable UPNP setting it says NO.

I disabled and renabled AI Protection and scanned and the report is still the same. I also reapplied the wan screen with the UPNP setting NO.

No difference. Any suggestions on how to verify if the UPNP is on or off? Should I roll back to 384.7?

Since installing this update from 384.7 I have noticed that AI protection reports 1 risk - it says UPNP disabled NO.

When I goto the WAN screen and check the enable UPNP setting it says NO.

I disabled and renabled AI Protection and scanned and the report is still the same. I also reapplied the wan screen with the UPNP setting NO.

No difference. Any suggestions on how to verify if the UPNP is on or off? Should I roll back to 384.7?
Reset to factory defaults and set the router back up manually, meaning no importing of saved configs, use screenshots.

Reset to factory defaults and set the router back up manually, meaning no importing of saved configs, use screenshots.

Ok I will give that a go.

I noticed that before doing the manual setup you recomend the port forwarding log shows two PCs I recognize with ports forwarded so I gather that the update from .7 to .7_2 must have something in it that is defeating the "no UPNP" setting. This setting has been OFF/NO for over a year.

Rebooting turns off the forwarded ports but in a few hours the forwards are back on again.

I will now go a try the manual reset.

Oops. spoke too soon. Seems the AI Protection is failing to assess the UPNP status properly. Keeps reporting that it is enabled when it is NOT. So that must be a bug.

At least the ports forward log shows NO ports forwarded at this time and the UPNP setting on the WAN screen is NO. Asus RT-AC68U C1

It probably checks the second WAN interface status, which can be separately enabled.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!