What's new

RT-AX92u - 384_9177 - Slow web browsing / DNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

leerees

3.0.0.4.384_9177
RT-AX92u
Default settings with AI Mesh enabled

I'm experiencing slow browsing performance across all devices. There's a noticeable delay of up to 5 seconds on some devices.

* Download / upload speed is good, 500mb/s
* Pinging various websites returns low pings
* Wifi networks are all running on channels with none or low interference
* CPU usage is reported as less than 2%
* Trying alternative DNS servers has no effect
* The ISP supplied router does not exhibit this issue.

Does anybody else on the 384 build notice this. If so, do you know of a fix?

Last edited:
Never saw that on the old branch, no.

The only important question is why are you using outdated, insecure firmware?

3.0.0.4.386_41535 is the latest version for this model.

Never saw that on the old branch, no.

The only important question is why are you using outdated, insecure firmware?

3.0.0.4.386_41535 is the latest version for this model.

The 386 build crashes repeatedly on the AX92u. There's lots of threads about it on here. So far, no ones really found a decent fix apart from disabling the AI Mesh completely and operating in router / AP mode.

This is the best firmware for the router 41977 I have 4 in 2 different locations and all work perfectly. About the DNS I haven't seen any such issues but I use 1.1.1.1 DNS for both locations and the ISP dns is secondary, everything is snappy . If that doesn't work I guess you can try factory reset . Don't upgrade to either 41535 which was removed and 40451 has problems with AI mesh doesn't transfer devices between nodes otherwise it worked fine for me. You can check this thread https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...35-g1caa24a-firmware.68884/page-4#post-652999

It would appear the 384 firmware doesn't store the changes to the DNS servers. I've tested it and it's still using my ISP's DNS.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!