What's new

YazFi 386.1-b1 on RT-AC86U - log spam "protocol 0800 is buggy" ...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kernol

Very Senior Member
Getting whacked by these log messages with FlexQOS enabled on latest 386 Beta from Merlin ...

kernel: net_ratelimit: 9 callbacks suppressed
kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth5 .... [sometimes also eth6]

If I take QOS down - problem stops!

NB - I am not using IPv6 at all.
Noted that "HW acceleration Runner: Enabled - Flow Cache: Enabled" - both enabled when QOS on ???

Using Adaptive QoS / Manual Setting / Upload 44Mbs / Download 96Mbs on fibre 50/100Mbs line.
Get triple A+ ratings on DLSreport website - so no complaints ;) ... but would like to know how to get rid of log spamming ...

Getting whacked by these log messages with FlexQOS enabled on latest 386 Beta from Merlin ...

kernel: net_ratelimit: 9 callbacks suppressed
kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth5 .... [sometimes also eth6]

If I take QOS down - problem stops!

NB - I am not using IPv6 at all.
Noted that "HW acceleration Runner: Enabled - Flow Cache: Enabled" - both enabled when QOS on ???

Using Adaptive QoS / Manual Setting / Upload 44Mbs / Download 96Mbs on fibre 50/100Mbs line.
Get triple A+ ratings on DLSreport website - so no complaints ;) ... but would like to know how to get rid of log spamming ...

FWIW, I’m using IPv6.

Runner & flow cache enabled with QOS, started with the first 386, (for me anyhow).

Dsl great for me. I’m just ignoring the logs......:cool:

FWIW, I’m using IPv6.

Runner & flow cache enabled with QOS, started with the first 386, (for me anyhow).

Dsl great for me. I’m just ignoring the logs......:cool:

I get that - ignore logs is a solid policy with Beta software in elevated debugging mode - but OCD habits die hard :D !!

I have changed the thread sub-link from Flex to YazFi ... because on further fiddling the problem actually seems to come from latest AiMesh Guest Wi-Fi offering - which on Guest1 is supposed to propagate through AiMesh Nodes as well. Definitely a problem with AC5300 which both Asus and RMerlin would seem to be aware of. I am running Asus stock 386 beta on the AC5300 node.

Hoping it gets resolved post beta phases - meantime I am using Guest2 as advised in several other threads dealing with 386 guest wifi / AiMesh problems.

This was already discussed in the alpha and beta threads for 386.1 firmware. Disable flow cache solves this problem.
Btw. Cake-QoS disables flow cache, so you won't see it if you use it.

Using Guest Network 2 instead of 1 will also fix that.

Using Guest Network 2 instead of 1 will also fix that.

Many thanks for confirmation - apologies to @dave14305 for initially suggesting a link to FlexQos - my Bad ... definitely a Guest1 WiFi issue which is supposed to propagate through to AiMesh Node - but does not with an RT-AC5300 [if it does for other models?].

May be useful for @Jack Yaz to know because it will likely crop up as a query in his YazFi add-on unless release versions of 386 code fix it.

EDIT: - My FlexQos rated triple A+ seemingly with both HW acceleration Runner: Enabled AND Flow Cache: Enabled :D

Many thanks for confirmation - apologies to @dave14305 for initially suggesting a link to FlexQos - my Bad ... definitely a Guest1 WiFi issue which is supposed to propagate through to AiMesh Node - but does not with an RT-AC5300 [if it does for other models?].

May be useful for @Jack Yaz to know because it will likely crop up as a query in his YazFi add-on unless release versions of 386 code fix it.

EDIT: - My FlexQos rated triple A+ seemingly with both HW acceleration Runner: Enabled AND Flow Cache: Enabled :D
I stand by my previous unfounded, slanderous maxim that if something breaks, blame it on Jack. ;)

In my case If I enabled Intranet access for Guest 1 and 2 networks, error gone. Here is the my topic: