What's new

386.1, Scheduled Reboot Results in Empty Directory in jffs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GHammer

Very Senior Member
I had an issue where all connections, wired or wireless, would slow way down. For example, google.com would take 2-3 minutes to open.
A reboot of the router restored performance. Since this happened daily, I enabled a daily scheduled reboot.

After a few days, I noticed that a couple of devices were not reachable. It looked like they has lost their static IP.
Look at the LAN->DHCP Server page and there were zero entries in the static list.

Well, that's not good. I rebooted. Still nothing listed. However, the devices all received their static IPs this time around.
I use YazDHCP to manage the static IPs. Jack found that while the data files were still intact, the shared files that the DHCP page calls were gone. None were in the directory.
A quick forced update solved that problem.

I have disabled scheduled reboot.

How could this happen? Why would just one directory (hopefully) be emptied? Why would devices on the list not be assigned their IPs then get them?
Nothing interesting in the logs.

@RMerlin

What directory is that?

So, anything not part of the firmware should be considered expendable?
No, it means anything not part of the firmware is not my problem to debug. So pinging me for this was pointless.

Could be jffs corruption (unlikely). Otherwise I don't know, something must have deleted the contents of the directory by mistake

No, it means anything not part of the firmware is not my problem to debug. So pinging me for this was pointless.
Good point.
Seemed linked to the scheduled reboot though.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!