What's new

[384.16_Alpha Builds] Testing all variants

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Seems ok so far! Any changes we should be looking at?

The biggest change isn't on Github (because I'm waiting for a fix before I can push the merged code), it's the merge of 384_7968.

There is no 386 code in this release.

- UPDATED: nano to 4.8.

Any thoughts on including the nanorc syntax files, or at least the sh one? I realise it's pretty easy to add them ourselves, but it improves nano quite a lot for such a small addition it might be worth including by default.

Any thoughts on including the nanorc syntax files, or at least the sh one? I realise it's pretty easy to add them ourselves, but it improves nano quite a lot for such a small addition it might be worth including by default.

At the time I considered it, I decided against it because if I started adding one or two syntax files, someone else will start asking for even more files. Not saying I won't change my mind later since I no longer have to support models with limited amounts of flash space (like the RT-N66U), but it's not currently planned.

For those who want to use it, here is the content of my own /jffs/configs/nanorc file:

Code:
set nowrap
syntax "sh" "\.sh$"
header "^#!.*((ba|da|k|pdk)?sh[-0-9_]*|openrc-run|runscript)"
magic "(POSIX|Bourne-Again) shell script.*text"
linter dash -n
comment "#"
icolor brightgreen "^[0-9A-Z_]+\(\)"
color green "\<(break|case|continue|do|done|elif|else|esac|exit|fi|for|function|if|in|read|return|select|shift|then|time|until|while)\>"
color green "\<(declare|eval|exec|export|let|local)\>"
color green "[{}():;|`$<>!=&\\]" "(\]|\[)"
color green "-[Ldefgruwx]\>"
color green "-(eq|ne|gt|lt|ge|le|s|n|z)\>"
color brightblue "\<(awk|cat|cd|ch(grp|mod|own)|cp|echo|env|grep|install|ln|make|mkdir|mv|popd|printf|pushd|rm|rmdir|sed|set|tar|touch|umask|unset)\>"
# Basic variable names (no braces).
color brightred "\$[-0-9@*#?$!]" "\$[[:alpha:]_][[:alnum:]_]*"
# More complicated variable names; handles braces and replacements and arrays.
color brightred "\$\{[#!]?([-@*#?$!]|[0-9]+|[[:alpha:]_][[:alnum:]_]*)(\[([[:space:]]*[[:alnum:]_]+[[:space:]]*|@)\])?(([#%/]|:?[-=?+])[^}]*\}|\[|\})"
# Comments.
color cyan "(^|[[:space:]])#.*$"
# Strings.
color brightyellow ""(\\.|[^"])*"" "'(\\.|[^'])*'"
# Trailing whitespace.
color ,green "[[:space:]]+$"

@RMerlin

1. My QOS is completely blank
2. Signature is reporting " Signature update failed"

QoS tab doesn't show the on/off switch and other information. All others seem work great.
I rolled back to the latest stable release . Updated my signature and enabled qos then simply went back to the alpha and all seems to be working as intended

Available for other models also

384.16 (xx-xx-xxxx)
- UPDATED: Merged GPL 384_8137 and binary blobs 384_7968
for RT-AX88U.
- UPDATED: Tor to 0.3.5.9. - UPDATED: Tor to 0.3.5.9.
- UPDATED: curl to 7.68.0. - UPDATED: curl to 7.68.0.
- UPDATED: nano to 4.8. - UPDATED: nano to 4.8

Last edited:
AX88U running fine on this new alpha.:)

@RMerlin further about that race condition at reboot and NTP not getting synced on my AX88U. I added a line in init-start "service restart_ntpd," now I have no issues rebooting and time syncing correctly. All other routers I own (AC68U,AC3100) do not have this issue but share the same script environment. Finally this fix or work around works every time. ;):)

@RMerlin further about that race condition at reboot and NTP not getting synced on my AX88U. I added a line in init-start "service restart_ntpd," now I have no issues rebooting and time syncing correctly. All other routers I own (AC68U,AC3100) do not have this issue but share the same script environment. Finally this fix or work around works every time. ;):)
You can see in the amtm disk check logs how time syncing is affected this is without the entry in init-start:
Code:
 Fri Feb 21 05:15:56 CST 2020 Waited 90s for NTP to sync date
This is with the entry in init-start:
Code:
 Fri Feb 21 05:18:28 CST 2020 Waited 6s for NTP to sync date
Dramatic to say the least. Is there a more elegant way of doing this?

First impression, seems snappier.:)

You can see in the amtm disk check logs how time syncing is affected this is without the entry in init-start:
Code:
 Fri Feb 21 05:15:56 CST 2020 Waited 90s for NTP to sync date
This is with the entry in init-start:
Code:
 Fri Feb 21 05:18:28 CST 2020 Waited 6s for NTP to sync date
Dramatic to say the least. Is there a more elegant way of doing this?
Strange my NTP always sync in 5-7 sec.
Code:
(wan0-connected): 731 ntp_synced: synced in [4] seconds

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online