What's new

386.3_2 upnp minor issue bug?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Laxarus

Regular Contributor
Hey guys, we have been trying to figure out an issue with the Home Assistant folks regarding the upnp behavior of an Asus router running merlin fw.

It is likely that this issue is a bug of merlin fw upnp.

The details regarding it can be found in the issue tracker of the Home Assistant.

Basically when the internet connection is down, the router gives inexplicable upnp response like this.

Code:
<NewExternalIPAddress>schemas.upnp.org��i����</NewExternalIPAddress>

The router is RT-AC5300 with merlin fw 386.3_2.

Any input is appreciated.

I didn`t. I'm not the miniupnpd developer, so I don't do any debugging for it.

I didn`t. I'm not the miniupnpd developer, so I don't do any debugging for it.
Hmm, ok thank you. Do you mind if I ask how to manually update the miniupnpd on the router without breaking anything to check if the newer 2.2.3 version fixes the issue?

Hmm, ok thank you. Do you mind if I ask how to manually update the miniupnpd on the router without breaking anything to check if the newer 2.2.3 version fixes the issue?
You can't update individual parts of the firmware, it's not designed for that. However, there is a miniupnpd package in Entware so maybe you can disable the firmware version and use that instead.
Code:
# opkg info miniupnpd
Package: miniupnpd
Version: 2.2.2-3
Depends: libc, libssp, librt, libpthread, iptables, iptables, libcap-ng, libmnl, libnetfilter-conntrack, libuuid
Conflicts: miniupnpd-igdv1
Section: net
Architecture: aarch64-3.10
Size: 77611
Filename: miniupnpd_2.2.2-3_aarch64-3.10.ipk
Description: Lightweight UPnP IGD, NAT-PMP & PCP daemon (IGDv2)

Last edited:
thanks @ColinTaylor, I think it is beyond me to arrange such a setup since I have to disable the builtin one and make it work nicely with Home Assistant. I don't want to risk breaking any stuff on the router that is working fine other than this tiny issue.

thanks @ColinTaylor, I think it is beyond me to arrange such a setup since I have to disable the builtin one and make it work nicely with Home Assistant. I don't want to risk breaking any stuff on the router that is working fine other than this tiny issue.
Where's your sense of fun? breaking things, and then spending a weekend fixing them is the best imho.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!