What's new

386.4: AX88U reboots every so often

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Otto Rodusek

New Around Here
Hi, after upgrading to 386.4, I've noticed that my AX88U reboots every so often without reason - I've checked the logs but nothing seems to be amiss. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a fix or a solution? This behavior is now observed on 2 different AX88U, both had uptimes in many many days, but after the uopgrade I notice the reboots. Then after I upgraded the second AX88U, I'm noticing the same behavior. It seems to happen more often when there is a heavier load on the internet. I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this behavior on different models? Thanks and best regards.

I had these random restarts with my old RT-AC3200 router hitting very high temps.

On my RT-AX88U I have seen these issues but that was a year ago. On the latest Merlin firmware I did a factory reset after updating and have not noticed anything.

Hi, after upgrading to 386.4, I've noticed that my AX88U reboots every so often without reason - I've checked the logs but nothing seems to be amiss. Has anyone else encountered this and is there a fix or a solution? This behavior is now observed on 2 different AX88U, both had uptimes in many many days, but after the uopgrade I notice the reboots. Then after I upgraded the second AX88U, I'm noticing the same behavior. It seems to happen more often when there is a heavier load on the internet. I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this behavior on different models? Thanks and best regards.
Not happening on mine. After doing a dirty upgrade from 386.3_2 I was getting a few minor issues (including DCD tainted) and (as I had installed tested and removed various scripts over the previous year) I decided to spend to time on a full factory reset and rebuild. Currently up for 28 days with no issues.

Not happening on mine either. Very simple setup.. no add ons, no VPN or QOS. It runs as long as I leave it alone change wise.

(I did go back after setting everything up... Factory reset, reloaded Merlin, factory reset, and manually punched in everything. )

Thanks for the replies and tips. I'll try again to simply do a full reset and see if that solves the issue. It's altogether possible I only did a "soft" reset and not a hard reset and that may be whats possibly the problem. Thanks again.

I too have not done a reset and have had the issue with 386.4and 386.3.2, however mine seems to have resolved after installing unbound. YMMV.

Same problem, I´m so tired. Reboot 9-10 times a day.

A very good dns server. I have been running Unbound/unbound_manager for a few years. No problems on my AX88U.

386.5_2 here. No reboot issues seen. DoT in use.
Hard reset has been done recently though, not because there were problems, just thought it was time.:)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!