What's new

386.4 Wifi Radar Site Survey doesn't see any other networks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is this what you mean:

1642781363460.png

If so I did that a day or so back. However I just discovered found that if I selected the 2.4GHz channel all the other routers in the neighbourhood were found:

1642781483639.png
selecting 5GHz showed only this:

1642781448555.png

Maybe the 5Ghz channels signals from the other routers are just too weak to detect.

Attachments

• 1642781112621.png
    1642781112621.png
    91 KB · Views: 101
It can also depend on which channels, the RT-AC87U it is using 161 (80) and Site Survey on RT-AX88U does not see it at all.

Also won't work if you have MAC filtering active for that radio.
I am wondering why MAC filtering would affect only 5 GHz radio?

I am wondering why MAC filtering would affect only 5 GHz radio?
Sorry if I wasn't clear....for each radio, if you have MAC filtering active, site survey won't work. MAC filtering on 2.4GHz,. no 2.4GHz survey.....on for 5GHz, no 5GHz survey.

Sorry if I wasn't clear....for each radio, if you have MAC filtering active, site survey won't work. MAC filtering on 2.4GHz,. no 2.4GHz survey.....on for 5GHz, no 5GHz survey.
I have MAC filtering enabled on both radios. The 2.4GHz survey works for sure. The 5 GHz survey sees only my 5GHz network. I suppose that neighboring 5GHz networks if they even exist are not discoverable because of weak signal as 5GHz has shorter range.

Last edited:
I have MAC filtering enabled on both radios. The 2.4GHz survey works for sure. The 5 GHz survey sees only my 5GHz network. I suppose that neighboring 5GHz networks if they even exist are not discoverable because of weak signal as 5GHz has shorter range.
Not likely. Use another Wi-Fi scanner and I guarantee you’ll see them

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!