What's new

386.5 - Admin Page not accessible

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gary_Dexter

Following an upgrade to 386.5, the admin page on my router (GT-AC2900) becomes inaccessible until I restart the router.

It then works for anywhere between 1-12 or so hours, then becomes inaccessible again until the router is rebooted, and the cycle continues.

This has only happened since upgrading to 386.5 - any ideas or advice?

Nothing out of the ordinary running on the router other than Skynet, Diversion and one instance of OpenVPN Server.

Many thanks.

Also if I try and use the ASUS Router App, it says the router is not accessible and cannot connect

Following an upgrade to 386.5, the admin page on my router (GT-AC2900) becomes inaccessible until I restart the router.

It then works for anywhere between 1-12 or so hours, then becomes inaccessible again until the router is rebooted, and the cycle continues.

This has only happened since upgrading to 386.5 - any ideas or advice?

Nothing out of the ordinary running on the router other than Skynet, Diversion and one instance of OpenVPN Server.

Many thanks.

Clear your browser cache - everything. Then try accessing the webpage again, try on more then one device. If it works on one and not the other then it’s possible it’s refusing your lan IP address for some reason on that one device. I believe Diversions pixelserv-tls might be the issue, but idk how.

Clear your browser cache - everything. Then try accessing the webpage again, try on more then one device. If it works on one and not the other then it’s possible it’s refusing your lan IP address for some reason on that one device.
It happens on all devices. As soon as it becomes inaccessible on one it doesn’t load in any other browser, device or app.

A working internet connection is still maintained though.

It happens on all devices. As soon as it becomes inaccessible on one it doesn’t load in any other browser, device or app.

A working internet connection is still maintained though.
Try disabling Diversion for awhile and see if the issue persists.

I had this kind of issue on a different router - but also webui being unresponsive or impossible to reach.
The only way I fixed it was through full factory reset - and never looked back after that.
Just in summary - I ejected USB, - removed it - disabled JFFS scripts - checked the button to format JFFS on next reboot - ticked boxes to restore factory settings and wipe everything - rebooted and waited for JFFS format to complete - minimum setup config - THEN flashed new firmware and began full manual setup without using any backups. Formatted the USB via amtm before adding back Diversion etc.
No shortcuts - and enjoy the stability.

I had this kind of issue on a different router - but also webui being unresponsive or impossible to reach.
The only way I fixed it was through full factory reset - and never looked back after that.
Just in summary - I ejected USB, - removed it - disabled JFFS scripts - checked the button to format JFFS on next reboot - ticked boxes to restore factory settings and wipe everything - rebooted and waited for JFFS format to complete - minimum setup config - THEN flashed new firmware and began full manual setup without using any backups. Formatted the USB via amtm before adding back Diversion etc.
No shortcuts - and enjoy the stability.
Great - thanks.

I've factory reset it now and left Diversion and Skynet off for the time being - might not put them back as they're not something I really "need" to use/have - so will see.

So far so good though - no hangs or timeouts accessing admin pages.

Great - thanks.

I've factory reset it now and left Diversion and Skynet off for the time being - might not put them back as they're not something I really "need" to use/have - so will see.

So far so good though - no hangs or timeouts accessing admin pages.
Good to know - I doubt your previous issues had anything to do with the firmware or the add-ons.
It was just some carry over from previous firmware which was not properly overwritten / reset - or a hiccup in the firmware load process itself - possibly caused by some conflicting data still lurking.

I have mostly been able to do so called "dirty" firmware upgrades - but, as per my earlier reply - on the odd occasion a full factory reset has been needed.

I am fairly confident that you will be able to add back the add-ons - see my signature for those that I have used for a long time without issues - once the latest firmware has settled.
"You can do it" :D!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!