What's new

386.5_2 --> 388.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sbsnb

Very Senior Member
Mostly out of laziness I haven't updated my RT-AX86U for a while.

99TqTvG.png

I just wanted to check if there are any known issues before I try a dirty upgrade.

I'm in the same boat with an AC86U. It's been too many revs since 5_2. A dirty upgrade will only cause many problems. When I do the transition, I'm planning to do a full reset and redo.

99TqTvG.png

I just wanted to check if there are any known issues before I try a dirty upgrade.

Definitely do not do a dirty upgrade from 386 to 388. WPS factory reset, format jffs, reconfigure from scratch.

I'm in the same boat with an AC86U. It's been too many revs since 5_2. A dirty upgrade will only cause many problems. When I do the transition, I'm planning to do a full reset and redo.

You can't upgrade to 388 anyway, not supported on AC models. You can go to 7_2 dirty. Don't try 9 or 10. Maybe 11 when it is released, but that will likely require a full factory reset.

You can't upgrade to 388 anyway, not supported on AC models. You can go to 7_2 dirty. Don't try 9 or 10. Maybe 11 when it is released, but that will likely require a full factory reset.
Actually, I knew that. I got caught up in the response of the moment. Regardless, I am planning on a full reset and reinstall of everything at the right time. I was thinking I'd do 10 but with 5_2 working so well for me, I will wait as long as I can and maybe that becomes 11.

99TqTvG.png

Why does the snbforum software replace that inline image link with some kind of proxy that doesn't work? The image link works fine, but the image appears broken in my browser when I view this thread. When I edit the post the image shows up in the composer just fine.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!