What's new

386.7_2 DST update fw-reset

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

octopus

Part of the Furniture
Last night when the router changed to winter time.
The firewall reset as well, is it really necessary.
This has not happened with previous versions of the software.

Oct 30 01:00:05 watchdog: restart_firewall due DST time changed(1->0)
Oct 30 01:00:05 rc_service: watchdog 1690:notify_rc restart_firewall
Oct 30 01:00:05 rc_service: watchdog 1690:notify_rc restart_wan
Oct 30 01:00:05 rc_service: waitting "restart_firewall" via watchdog ...

Last night when the router changed to winter time.
The firewall reset as well, is it really necessary.
This has not happened with previous versions of the software.
In my case, the firewall has restarted at the hour the winter time started and after that, the router has "rebooted" by its own :confused: (same trace in the log as a reboot, and time count restarted). I have never seen that before.

Last edited:
Obviously it was patched for a reason. Probably related to things like Parental Control. It's no big deal, why do you ask?
This was a problem in the past, because the Parental Control did not update the correct time, so you are probably right.

In my case, what it is strange is the "reboot" (no power supply problem at home, so I discard it as the origin of the reboot. ) at the exact hour the winter time changed. And in the log, the correct ntp time was logged only at 7:24 am even if started at 2:00 am.

It is just a curiosity because now it is working OK, and nobody was using internet at that time ...

Obviously it was patched for a reason. Probably related to things like Parental Control. It's no big deal, why do you ask?
Just wondering as I haven't seen it in previous software.
No problem really, just that my 3 vpn client restarts and makes my monitoring scripts send a lot of emails and push notifications.
Some form of false positive detection. But had no reboot.

My AX11000 switched to DST 3 weekends ago for some reason. Annoying as the wifi on/off schedule was messed up, but not a serious thing.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!