What's new

386.8 AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RedMaligator

Occasional Visitor
In WiFI Radar when I complete data collection and go any tab it gives me this: see attached screenshot. Then is corrects itself with 5g Wifi name.

Also when I use 160mhz I get worse dB in 5g and 2.4g. Anyone have any advise to figure out best way to isolate higher dB%, getting extremely high dB and cameras are dropping from WiFi. The screenshot of wireless log settings for 2g are the best I can get. Devices still have high dB%.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 1.36.28 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 1.36.28 PM.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 115
Wifi Radar is a closed source applet from Broadcom that is outside of my control. It`s known to be a bit quirky and Broadcom never bothered updating it for Wifi 6e. I still keep it there because despite these shortcomings it can still be somewhat useful.

Signal strength will be function of many factors: distance, obstacles, other sources of interference, the position of a device's antennas, etc.. Those numbers actually look pretty good to me, so I don`t understand your problem here. Anything higher than -70 dBm should be good enough, provided it doesn`t fluctuate too much. Most of your 2.4 GHz clients are higher than -50 dBm, which is fine.

That's what I thought as well, the -70db device disappears if signal get close to same dB. The only channel that seems to work is 165 but it uses 20mhz only, signal stays at -90db+, I tried to configure 161, 157, 153 and 149 anything other gets radar interference. With these channels I can do 80mhz and under but control channel will not go above 161 and signal will not go above -90db for 2.4g or 5g, the devices still at same db but fluctuate more.
I'm trying to get out of 20mhz so it can't be picked up as easy with these Wyze cameras.

Thank you BTW! Très bien!

That's what I thought as well, the -70db device disappears if signal get close to same dB. The only channel that seems to work is 165 but it uses 20mhz only, signal stays at -90db+, I tried to configure 161, 157, 153 and 149 anything other gets radar interference. With these channels I can do 80mhz and under but control channel will not go above 161 and signal will not go above -90db for 2.4g or 5g, the devices still at same db but fluctuate more.
I'm trying to get out of 20mhz so it can't be picked up as easy with these Wyze cameras.

Thank you BTW! Très bien!
Consider connecting these devices to the 2.4 GHz band then if 5 GHz isn`t quite able to reach them. For many IoT devices 2.4 GHz will be fast enough to be usable. Otherwise, you might need a repeater.

These Wyze cameras are cheap and only do N on 2.4g only, they will not connect to 5g, I tried. Wyze makes them that way on purpose, have a lot of issues and use a lot of bandwidth on higher resolution like SD or HD. LOL

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!