386 Beta 4 Issue 'bricked firmware' AX88

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

asusrocks

Occasional Visitor
I just installed Beta 4 about an hour ago and noticed some poor routing and issues. I decided to revert back to Beta 3 since that seemed to work fine the last few weeks, but now since installing Beta 4 I can't install anything else as it is not being recognized as an AX88 router. Not sure what to do at this point since I can't change my firmware. Seems that Beta 4 was a mismatch model and now I am not sure what to do. Please help asap! Thanks!

asusrocks

Occasional Visitor
I literally just downloaded it and installed it just over an hour ago and now I noticed it is no longer posted. How do I access the recovery tool or is there another option? Thanks!

asusrocks

Occasional Visitor
I just did a full Recovery through the Router interface and Firmware is still Beta 4 386. How do I get my AX88 off this Firmware since it isn't recognizing it anymore as an AX88?

asusrocks

Occasional Visitor
After doing a full and complete restore of the router and about 10 attempts it finally accepted the Beta 3 firmware. Thank you! I see the Beta 4 has been removed from Merlin Asus for the AX88

ExtremeFiretop

Regular Contributor
After doing a full and complete restore of the router and about 10 attempts it finally accepted the Beta 3 firmware. Thank you! I see the Beta 4 has been removed from Merlin Asus for the AX88

FYI. Might be smart to download this tool for the future: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/4G-AC53U/Rescue_2102.zip

Rescue tool allowed any of us on B4 to downgrade without having to try "10 attempts".
Put your router in rescue mode following these instructions and you basically can't brick your router. https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1000814/