What's new

386_41634-g08f88ae Failing to update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SignedAdam

Regular Contributor
I’d like to report a problem on stable release

I have both a GT-AX11000 and a RT-AC86U working together on a mesh network. GT is working in main mode and RT working as a node. when trying to update the RT-AC86U from 386_40451-g30f1b6c to 386_41634-g08f88ae the update fails, I’ve tried twice now

Just thought I’d note this down, imagine being a normal customer, you wouldn’t know what’s going on, going to try factory default on the node next

Last edited:
I’d like to report a problem on stable release

I have both a GT-AX11000 and a RT-AC86U working together on a mesh network. GT is working in main mode and RT working as a node. when trying to update the RT-AC86U from 386_40451-g30f1b6c to 386_41633-g08f88ae the update fails, I’ve tried twice now

Just thought I’d note this down, imagine being a normal customer, you wouldn’t know what’s going on, going to try factory default on the node next

Probably not the issue but since you were so specific, note that the current AC86U release is 386.41634.

OE

Apologies I got a digit wrong going to see if I can find any logs to attach to this ?

That's ok, a log won't reveal why firmware did not load.

I only mentioned the wrong digit because it was in the middle of a likely copy-and-paste string.

OE

Code:
Jan 12 16:11:31 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(6260)]periodic_check AM 5:44
Jan 12 16:11:31 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(6290)]retrieve firmware information
Jan 12 16:11:31 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(6307)]no need to upgrade firmware

Code:
Jan 12 16:11:31 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(6260)]periodic_check AM 5:44
Jan 12 16:11:31 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(6290)]retrieve firmware information
Jan 12 16:11:31 WATCHDOG: [FAUPGRADE][auto_firmware_check:(6307)]no need to upgrade firmware

That's a normal log entry. And don't expect it to always find new firmware when you think new firmware should be found. If you want new firmware, download it yourself, verify the MD5 code, and then upload it to the router.

OE

It seem to be locked up? removing it from the network did nothing but have it sit on the network, even after holding the reset button it didn’t reboot, ie, the lights didn’t come on after the factory reset, I had to power cycle the RT-AC86U and do the reset thing twice which is a pain, as it’s up in the attic.

This is consumer grade firmware! it’s like beta.

I did manage to update it normally after reattaching it to the mesh network as a node, I believe having the main node firmware update the other nodes on the network does a md5 hash check?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!