What's new

388.1 AX86U Pro AiMesh ethernet backhaul connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Davev6

Occasional Visitor
I just bought the AX86U Pro and paired it up with my existing AX86S (node). Previously AX86S and AX82U(node) no issues

Router is showing that AX86S is not able to connect to the uplink router (AX86U Pro) via the Ethernet uplink
On the Mobile appI do not see the same error and the node seems to be working properly.
I did factory reset on both routers but issue is still present.

1672661401791.png

You've missed a bunch of threads and posts dealing with this issue on the RT-AX86U.
Only solution is to run Asus stock firmware on the node - in this case your RT-AX86US.
When I was using 388.1 on the main router - I used Asus stock firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_21709 on the node.

It will get rid of the webui bug which states the Mesh is not properly connected ... but it may not solve connection drops which could well be your next query. As you will see from my signature I reverted to older Merlinware - and enjoy rock solid performance and stability.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!