What's new

388.1 'sysstate' is chewing up memory

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jtp10181

I have an AX68U. I have noticed since updating to 388.1 twice in a row now, after a day or so of uptime the router starts to run out of memory and is using swap space. Running htop shows sysstate is using 8% of memory. After I do a reboot this process is not even visible on the first page of htop sorted by mem. My router has never used the swap (that I noticed) until this update. Any ideas on what's going on?

1671070922192.png

I noticed that process went away after a while. I have removed the swap file as I really should not need it, I am not using any ad blocker or skynet on the router itself.

Thinking maybe once it started swapping it was causing a slow down since my USB is just a nano-size USB 2.0 thumb drive.

Going to see if that helps, the router seems to just chew up all the available RAM no matter how much you have, but it never runs out. Free RAM is wasted RAM.

Up to 50% of the RAM is used for system cache. If more physical RAM is needed some of the cache will be released as and when needed

I figured something like that was going on. Found this command to see what is used by cache.
Looks like in reality I have around 59 Mb free.

1671145664328.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!