What's new

How We Test Wi-Fi Systems - Revision 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
wifi_system_test_config3.jpg
Our process for testing Wi-Fi systems handles both mesh and extender type products.

Read on SmallNetBuilder

just wondering on how this will work where the nodes communicate with each other as in active antennas , i have seen some of these systems suggesting the OctoScope shouldnt be used as it will effect the node communication with each other

just wondering on how this will work where the nodes communicate with each other as in active antennas , i have seen some of these systems suggesting the OctoScope shouldnt be used as it will effect the node communication with each other
I would be interested in seeing those "suggestions".

Nodes communicate via the RF paths provided through attenuators 1 and 2. Path loss is set so Root and "Hop 2" nodes don't connect, at least not on 5 GHz. This is meant to mirror the previous open-Air test.

I confirm node connections (or lack) while I do the setup so that I can record BSSIDs.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!