What's new

ASUSTOR AS4004T 4 Bay 10GbE NAS Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
asustor_as4004t_product.png
ASUSTOR's AS4004T is a good value in a four-bay Gigabit port NAS with a bonus 10GbE port.

Read on SmallNetBuilder

Is the 10G Ethernet Controller built into the Marvell SoC or was a a separate chip?

I am hoping we finally reach 10G Ethernet to affordable price for Home user.

Can the three Ethernet ports on the back of the AS 4004T be used as a switch? For example, could I plug a computer into the 10G ethernet port (for fast NAS access) and still access the rest of the LAN through the 1G ports on the AS4004T?

I use a 2.5bge adapter on my Asustor AS3104T with 4 SSDs in a RAID 5 configuration. Sometime in August 2020 a software update improved write speeds to ~200MB/s from ~140MB/s. I tested copying a large file from a fast PC. I wonder if the write speed of the AS4004T improved in RAID 5 also from the same software update? If anyone has an AS4004T in RAID 5, I'd be interested to know what write speeds you get when you copy a large file to the NAS.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!