What's new

4G-AC55U or RT-AC68U for 4G/Dual-WAN connections

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kretel

New Around Here
Hello everybody,

I have a very slow DSL connection and want to speed it up with a 4G mobile connection. Because the mobile connection offers only a limited volume (of 20 GB), I would like to have Dual-WAN 'Failover' as well as 'Load-Balance' functionality. Both is included in the AC68U router, as far as I know. The 4G has only Failover, right?

My questions:
* Does somebody know how good or bad the 4G antenna in the AC68U is compared to the both extra antennas of the 4G-AC55U?
* Might it be possible to enable 'Load-Balance' by re-compiling the ASUSWRT firmware for the 4G-AC55U router, or is this functionality disabled because of hardware limitations?
(On a short look I could only find a switch for Dual-WAN in the code, but not the distinction between 'Failover' and/or 'Load-Balance' and why only the first is enabled or compiled into the firmware.)

Thank you!
Kretel

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!