What's new

4G AC68U : Chromecast / Fire Stick / Smart TV problem...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alothbrok

New Around Here
Hello,

I have a 4G router AC68U ASUS with a 4g sim card (70 mbps down / 10 mbps up)

On my windows pc / iphone / imac no connection problems but on my chromecast devices, fire stick, xiaomi mi box, impossible to watch youtube / netflix / molotov videos etc...
No problem to browse or download applications.

I updated my software, hard reset, read all forums, impossible to find a solution.

I may have found the beginning of a solution. On the devices where it does not work, when I do a speedtest, I have 0 in upload (no problem on the download). I saw on a forum that you need a minimum of upload even to watch videos.

I have 2 SSID with 2 differents name (2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ) for Chromecast, Fire Stick of course I use the 2.4 ghz (In any case it does not work with the 5 ghz)

Thank you in advance for your help

My configuration (attach)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 2.png
    2.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 114
  • 3.png
    3.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 4.png
    4.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    8 KB · Views: 101
Hello,

I just found the problem. It's my provider (Free) that blocks, with another sim card I don't have the problem. Do you know how I can solve it ?

Thank you

Hi,

I have the same issue as you described. Did you anyone found a solution? When I take the same SIM and put it in my mobile and use Hotspot, then everything works on TV. Its clear that ASUS is blocking connections.

Any ideas?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!