What's new

4G Failover

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks everyone. I bought one and sure enough, it works perfectly.
i asked the question because I heard there were problems with it, but as you all said, it's perfect!

Last edited:
I ended up sending it back though. I bought a Zyxel M804. The Zyxel works perfectly with the Asus on one of the lan ports. I guess I wanted to test that and also got attracted by the additional VOIP socket it has!! It's a good router, tons of configuration and can be configered as a simple modem with extras!!

The Zyxel works perfectly with the Asus on one of the lan ports.

Dual WAN Fail over/back doesn't work reliably on Asuswrt.

This custom script (Asuswrt-Merlin firmware only) was made to address the issue:

Good luck.

This custom script (Asuswrt-Merlin firmware only) was made to address the issue:

Good luck.
I've been using the built-in failover/failback for many months now using a ZTE MF833U1. It has always failed over and back again reliably without any problems.

Some other people reported better luck with WAN + USB ports. The issue happens more often with WAN + LAN ports.

Good luck.
Thank you for that.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!