What's new

4G USB Device for ASUS RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mwolfod

New Around Here
I want to take advantage of the ability to add 4G access to my router via one of the USB ports.

AT&T is my wireless carrier (I'm not sure if these devices are carrier specific?).

Is this what I need?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006C4NCM6/?tag=snbforums-20

This device is designed for a laptop and "sets itself up" somehow. Does this type of self-setup work on this router also, or are there additional special steps required? I can't find anything from ASUS on this.

Thanks in advance for the expert help!

Last edited:
I want to take advantage of the ability to add 4G access to my router via one of the USB ports.

AT&T is my wireless carrier (I'm not sure if these devices are carrier specific?).

Is this what I need?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006C4NCM6/?tag=snbforums-20

This device is designed for a laptop and "sets itself up" somehow. Does this type of self-setup work on this router also, or are there additional special steps required? I can't find anything from ASUS on this.

Thanks in advance for the expert help!

Hello,

I have tested this card (AirCard 313U) and have confirmed that it works with the RT-N66u. You just need to set up the 3G/4G modem in the router UI (in USB Apps) to enable it. I didn't have any login or password, but that may depend on your specific device and account.

Hello,

I have tested this card (AirCard 313U) and have confirmed that it works with the RT-N66u. You just need to set up the 3G/4G modem in the router UI (in USB Apps) to enable it. I didn't have any login or password, but that may depend on your specific device and account.

Thanks for the reply.

Is that the same MODEL card that I referenced?

The Amazon description is a bit ambiguous as to model number. The thing that concerned me regarding the card I linked in my post was that it was described as being for a laptop. I suppose that particular description doesn't make a difference in the context of what I am trying to do.

I'm a bit surprised that there is not more interest in this nice capability of the Asus router. Maybe I'm just late to the party.:)

Thanks again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!