What's new

4th LAN led only on

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Betov

New Around Here
Hi the previous weekend I got an update notification for the ASUS RT-AC86U Router, which I was going to update on Sunday, however on Saturday I no longer had internet access and all the router LEDs were off except the LAN one 4, I can't have communication with the router of any kind, is there any way to solve this problem or is my router already dead?

Thanks and regards.

Dead. Blown voltage regulator inside, a common AC86U hardware issue. You need a new router.

Welcome to the forums @Betov.

What have you tried so far?

Have you fully unplugged the power from the modem/ONT, the router, and the wall AC socket for 2 minutes or more, then plugged everything back in and waited at least 10 minutes (to clear possible DFS channels) and tried again?

Does resetting the router work (try with both the Reset button and the WPS button methods).

Do you have another power supply to test with?

Is the issue with the ISP, or do you have internet when connected directly to their equipment?

Dead. Blown voltage regulator inside, a common AC86U hardware issue. You need a new router.

Oh wow, I didn't want to accept reality, thanks for the answer, the truth is that I was never aware of the temperature and I think that if I demanded too much, thanks and regards

Welcome to the forums @Betov.

What have you tried so far?

Have you fully unplugged the power from the modem/ONT, the router, and the wall AC socket for 2 minutes or more, then plugged everything back in and waited at least 10 minutes (to clear possible DFS channels) and tried again?

Does resetting the router work (try with both the Reset button and the WPS button methods).

Do you have another power supply to test with?

Is the issue with the ISP, or do you have internet when connected directly to their equipment?
Hello thanks for answering, because I have tried everything:

-Disconnect the router all day and reconnect it
-Try to enter recovery mode (learn WPS and turn it on)
-Connect the PC to the LAN4 port (the only one that turns on) and try to enter 192.168.1.1

The problem is not the ISP since this router had it as the main router and the ISP router as a bridge, now I had to return to the ISP Modem to continue working

Thanks and regards

Oh wow, I didn't want to accept reality

I know. A lot of folks lost their AC86U routers in last few years. This router has hardware and software issues.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!