What's new

5.0Ghz Channel moving on RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

archiel

Very Senior Member
I have recently installed an AX88U as my primary router and an AX58U as an AiMesh Node, using wired ethernet as the backbone.

2.4 and 5.0 have separate SSIDs and after checking local channels usage, have set fixed channels, for each. For 5.0Ghz I have chosen 124 (I have also tried 120), as in the UK channels above 100 have stronger signal and other than waiting for the mandatory radar check, DFS is not an issue. Once the AX88 has obtained clearance, it will eventually drag the AX58 along.

However after some days (as little as 3, can take a week) both routers will lose the fixed channel and drop down (e.g. to channel 42). If I switch to Control Channel to Auto and then re-switch to a fixed channel then the new channel will take. Bandwidth is set to 20/40/80

I am running 384.17, but had also noticed this on 384.16. I could not see anything obvious in the syslog, so I have now set this to debug/all.

Is anyone else seeing this and can anyone suggest what I should be looking out in the logs files? Is there a log for control channel changes that I should be checking?

N.b. 2.4Ghz is behaving normally.

Channels 120 to 128 can be impacted by weather radar. I prefer to use channel 100 because of this. In fact if I change the bandwidth to 80MHz rather than 20/40/80 I can't even select a channel above 112 on my router.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try switching to 100 and see if it remains stable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!