What's new

5 GHz Connection Speeds on 384.13

  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

    SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

    Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

    The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

UsedJeans

New Around Here
Thanks for the great work, @RMerlin !

I updated to 384.13 from 384.12 today on an RT-AC3100 and noticed almost immediately that my 5GHz 802.11ac clients were no longer able to connect at full speeds. The fastest speeds under System Log - Wireless Log -> 5GHz were 228 Mbps. I know for a fact that these same clients were connecting at 1000+ Mbps prior to the update to 384.13. I decided to downgrade the firmware back to 384.12 and the connection speeds returned to normal. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues with 384.13 on the RT-AC3100 or any other router?
 
All my 5ghz AC clients are still connecting at 866 Mbps on 384.13 on my 68U, per usual.
 
I upgraded the RT-AC3100 to 384.13 again and had no issues with 5GHz this time. Maybe the first flash did not complete or install correctly. Thanks for hearing me out.
 
Thanks for the great work, @RMerlin !

I updated to 384.13 from 384.12 today on an RT-AC3100 and noticed almost immediately that my 5GHz 802.11ac clients were no longer able to connect at full speeds. The fastest speeds under System Log - Wireless Log -> 5GHz were 228 Mbps. I know for a fact that these same clients were connecting at 1000+ Mbps prior to the update to 384.13. I decided to downgrade the firmware back to 384.12 and the connection speeds returned to normal. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues with 384.13 on the RT-AC3100 or any other router?
 
I updated my AC3100 from .12 to .13 and have observed a speed issue. My ISPservice normally runs 170Mbps download per DSL reports speed test. After running .13 for a day I checked speed again and it had dropped to about half again. Windows 10 PC is Connected via 5GHz wireless. A reboot of the AC3100 will return the reported speed to 170Mbps for a while. I have done the reboot test a couple of times and observed similar results. My next step will be to drop back to .12.
 
I updated my AC3100 from .12 to .13 and have observed a speed issue. My ISPservice normally runs 170Mbps download per DSL reports speed test. After running .13 for a day I checked speed again and it had dropped to about half again. Windows 10 PC is Connected via 5GHz wireless. A reboot of the AC3100 will return the reported speed to 170Mbps for a while. I have done the reboot test a couple of times and observed similar results. My next step will be to drop back to .12.

Does not appear to be a 5Ghz connection issue. Connection speed listed by Router is 866/866
 

Latest threads

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top