1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

5G Guest SSID Does Not Display

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Brenneke, May 17, 2018.

1. Brenneke

Brenneke Occasional Visitor

RT-AC68U 384.4_2

I have added a guest network on the 5G radio but its SSID will not display.

1) 2.4G guest network SSID does display, even if 2.4Ghz band set to hide SSID
    2) 2.4 main network SSID does display
    3) 5G main network SSID does display
    4) Hide SSID for 5Ghz band set to No, have rebooted and power-cycled router

Is there anything I am missing before I update and factory reset? (would like to leave that until have more time)

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. Brenneke

Brenneke Occasional Visitor

Are there any settings that may affect this? I tried changing 5G channel still the same, 5G guest SSID does not show, tested with multiple devices.

Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!