What's new

5ghz Bands Suddenly not visible

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chris121284

Occasional Visitor
So I've had the ASUS AC5300 router for about a month now with countless issues. The latest issue is that both my 5GHz-1 and 5GHz-2 bands have just fully disappeared from my list of available networks on all devices in my home. I have no idea why this happened. They have been visible and I have used them both this entire time up until today. Has anyone experienced this? I've searched the forums but I've found no solid answers.

So I've had the ASUS AC5300 router for about a month now with countless issues. The latest issue is that both my 5GHz-1 and 5GHz-2 bands have just fully disappeared from my list of available networks on all devices in my home. I have no idea why this happened. They have been visible and I have used them both this entire time up until today. Has anyone experienced this? I've searched the forums but I've found no solid answers.

Firmware version?

OE

Have you reloaded f/w and tried? It is known some times radio chip(s) can go bad.

You said a few hours earlier that you had returned the router.:rolleyes:
lol i sure did. jumped the gun on that, went to amazon right after and realized i was ONE DAY past the return allowance, so now i'm stuck with this thing.

Using Merlin 384.6, actually did a factory reset a few days ago to just start from scratch, when i pulled up the admin page after that, it still said it has merlin 384.6 intsalled. Not sure if that's normal or not. Also I'm a total noob if you can't tell so I'm not even sure how to reload the firmware. I thought when I did the factory reset, that would take care of it.

went to amazon right after and realized i was ONE DAY past the return allowance, so now i'm stuck with this thing.
:eek: I know that feeling. But actually I've found Amazon very reasonable about that sort of thing if you say it's a hardware fault, at least in the UK. EU consumer law covers customers against hardware faults for 2 years.

Using Merlin 384.6, actually did a factory reset a few days ago to just start from scratch, when i pulled up the admin page after that, it still said it has merlin 384.6 intsalled. Not sure if that's normal or not. Also I'm a total noob if you can't tell so I'm not even sure how to reload the firmware. I thought when I did the factory reset, that would take care of it.
No, all a factory reset does is reset the configuration settings. It doesn't change the firmware. If you want the Asus firmware back on it you will have to flash it again. I suggest you do this for troubleshooting purposes (remember to do another factory reset after you flash the new firmware).

:eek: I know that feeling. But actually I've found Amazon very reasonable about that sort of thing if you say it's a hardware fault, at least in the UK. EU consumer law covers customers against hardware faults for 2 years.

No, all a factory reset does is reset the configuration settings. It doesn't change the firmware. If you want the Asus firmware back on it you will have to flash it again. I suggest you do this for troubleshooting purposes (remember to do another factory reset after you flash the new firmware).
oh wow ok thank you i didn't know that. I guess I'll give that a whirl. Seems like every time I try to fix something, two new problems appear.

Now that it's been weeks, I wanted to share that I worked my magic and got amazon to trade me a new router. Now I just have to figure out how to set up this damn PIA so I can stop being DDoS'ed on PS4