What's new

5GHz, only channel 36 working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jpdsc

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I have a AC66U for a while now and due to some issues on Samsung mobile phones I keep having issues with 5GHz band.
I tried to change the control channel to 40 or higher; however, I automatically goes back to AUTO channel 36...
Also; changing the bandwidth doesn't help.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

EDIT: When I select any other channel, it shows the progress bar, refreshes the page and resets the values back to what they were + add control channel to AUTO/36...
AP2A4sc.png

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have a AC66U for a while now and due to some issues on Samsung mobile phones I keep having issues with 5GHz band.
I tried to change the control channel to 40 or higher; however, I automatically goes back to AUTO channel 36...
Also; changing the bandwidth doesn't help.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

EDIT: When I select any other channel, it shows the progress bar, refreshes the page and resets the values back to what they were + add control channel to AUTO/36...
AP2A4sc.png
I've noticed the same thing... my S7 Edge is no more seeing 5Ghz band... I thought it was my router failing.

Sent from my SM-G935FD using Tapatalk

Are the channels you are trying to use allowed in your countries?

I've found what was happening at least on my side, for some reason if my phone is in Airplane mode with WiFi on, I can only see 2.4Ghz bands. After disabling airplane mode I can see again 5Ghz bands on my S7 Edge...

HI @thiggins, yes they are. Most network providers are at 100+ channel freq. This don't understand why this is happening tho.
I think the 5GHz band on my AC66U is broken...

Anyone else has a suggestion.