What's new

5Ghz stops working on desktop on my desktop until I reset it in Windows.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Buldozerx

Occasional Visitor
My desktop 5Ghz network suddenly stops working. It doesn't drop on my other devices. 2ghz is still working, and 5ghz doesn't drop on other devices while it's gone on my dekstop. To get it working again I must right click on my wifi icon and troubleshoot to restart it. Then it starts working again. This never happens on my mobile devices. My router is Asus AX86U. Ideas?

What OS are you using on the desktop? Are your drivers up to date? How long has it been doing this? Was it stable before (how long ago)? Can you upgrade the drivers or go back to a snapshot of the OS that worked?

How far is it from the router? Does changing the Control Channel to something else help?

My desktop 5Ghz network suddenly stops working. It doesn't drop on my other devices. 2ghz is still working, and 5ghz doesn't drop on other devices while it's gone on my dekstop. To get it working again I must right click on my wifi icon and troubleshoot to restart it. Then it starts working again. This never happens on my mobile devices. My router is Asus AX86U. Ideas?

Are there any cordless devices nearby using 5.0 GHz frequencies?

OE

Are there any cordless devices nearby using 5.0 GHz frequencies?

OE

My phone.

When my PC disconnect and I reconnect, the speed is usually slow too. If I do a speed test on my phone or some other device, the speed is usually good there. Changing the channel often help. Is this issue caused by using a DFS channel?

What OS are you using on the desktop? Are your drivers up to date? How long has it been doing this? Was it stable before (how long ago)? Can you upgrade the drivers or go back to a snapshot of the OS that worked?

How far is it from the router? Does changing the Control Channel to something else help?

Windows. Intel and router drivers are up to date. When I reconnect my PC the speed is often slow, while good on my other wireless devices. Changing the channel often helps getting my desktop Wifi speed back. But I still don't get why the speed is 100% on my other devices before changing channel. The signal is good too. I'm often using DFS channels though.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!