What's new

5GHz will not turn on AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

David B

Regular Contributor
A few hours ago, my 5GHz radio on my AC88U disabled itself, and I cannot get it to re-enable. I tried toggling the "enable radio" option. When neither that or factory resets worked, I used the emergency reset technique to wipe nvram and install a fresh copy of the firmware on it, but it's still not working. I am using @RMerlin 's 384.6 build for the AC88U. Any suggestions?

A few hours ago, my 5GHz radio on my AC88U disabled itself, and I cannot get it to re-enable. I tried toggling the "enable radio" option. When neither that or factory resets worked, I used the emergency reset technique to wipe nvram and install a fresh copy of the firmware on it, but it's still not working. I am using @RMerlin 's 384.6 build for the AC88U. Any suggestions?
That's sounds like hardware failure have you try to install stock firmware also have you try 30-30-30 . hold on the reset button for about 3 minutes see if that work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

That's sounds like hardware failure have you try to install stock firmware also have you try 30-30-30 . hold on the reset button for about 3 minutes see if that work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk
Yup! I tried all of that.

I'm starting to hate my 88U. I already send it back once because I had the 5GHz dropping out randomly. I dealt with that for months before sending it back. It's been good for a few months now, but now back to this crap.

I think that happened to me, flash stock, and initialize, flash and then initialize again. I think that's what i did to get it back.

Try turning off the router....unplug the power supply from the router. Cycle the power switch about 5 times. Make an offering to router gremlins....Plug the power back in and power up.

Unfortunately, this is not the first radio failure on an 88U I recall reading about.

I unfortunately tried all of that. I unfortunately have also experienced this type of failure before. I already had to replace it once.