What's new

68u remote antenna

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hytekj

Occasional Visitor
Hello,

Can anyone please share what connector is on the 68u for the antennas? I am installing a remote antenna and want to plug it into a 68u. Does it matter which antenna port I use? If I am only connecting to 2.4ghz I should turn off the 5ghz radio? My plan is to receive a WiFi connection on one 68u, plug it into a second 68u that has a LTE device connected and use that second 68u as my router/AP..

Thank you!

You need all three antennas, you cannot replace or connect only one.

You need all three antennas, you cannot replace or connect only one.
Hi RMerlin - hope all is well!

Ah bummer. I was hoping it was like a hotspot that has MIMO and multiple antenna connections where you can elect to connect to just one of the antenna ports. I had a spare 68u so I guess that is of no use then. Any suggestions on how to bring a Wifi source onto my network?

I am cruising the seas the next 6 months and in some areas my LTE signal is low or unavailable and there is some times WiFi. My ideal system is one that can connect to a Wifi and LTE source simultaneously and I can elect which is primary, automatically falling back on the other but I am also OK switching around wires and configuration manually if needed. My understanding is the 68u can't both receive a WiFi source and also broadcast WiFi on a LAN hence the need for a second unit. The antenna I am mounting on my mast can only do LTE and 2.4ghz.

Thank you!

bump

hoping for a suggestion on a solution to get wifi signal via an external antenna and feed it into my primary router...

thanks all!

anyone? thanks!
Not clear what you want to do. Deliver data to the WAN input of the router via Wi-Fi? Sounds to me like a job for a "media bridge."

Not clear what you want to do. Deliver data to the WAN input of the router via Wi-Fi? Sounds to me like a job for a "media bridge."

I have a 4GLTE device currently connected to a 68u via USB to provide internet to my network wherever there is cellular signal. I would like to also be able to connect to a WiFi network via an externally mounted antenna when cellular signal is not available to continue to provide internet connectivity to my network. Is my best bet getting something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FJ4S9JK/?tag=snbforums-20 , connecting that device to my external antenna, connecting to the WiFi network on that device, and then connecting the device to my 68u's WAN port via ethernet?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!