What's new

87u Replacement

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wolfclaw

Regular Contributor
Title says it all, what is recommended, link aggregation for NAS is a must and of course, future Merlin firmware compatible and not a silly price ;)

The latest is always the greatest! ;)

I would go for two 86Us - but my good old 87Us are working like a charm. :D

i'm not sure the 86U has link aggregation. i looked in the menus and didn't see anything. the 88U is listed as supporting it on Asus' website. there's also the upcoming AX88U, if you need a fast CPU and are willing to wait one year after its release for a mature firmware. also, its price will most likely be silly (being AX and all).

I just updated from an 87U to 86U, its a great router. But I'm not familiar with NAS Link Aggregation, whats that about? (I also have a QNAP TS-253Be).

The problem is not in the router but in your network storage.
On the standard firmware RT-AC87U 3.0.0.4.382.50702 works great LACP/Static, but only between LAN2-3-4. Between Lan1-2 only static mode.

23275119.jpg

23275297.png

read https://www.snbforums.com/threads/h...cp-on-rt-ac68u-w-r-p.20441/page-3#post-208337

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!