What's new

A B-Solution Invalid Certificates

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'm running A-B Solution ad blocker with Merlin's firmware on my ASUS RT-AC87U router. I've just put Kaspersky Total Security on my PC and it's continually throwing up invalid certificates errors (see example). Even navigating to this forum did the same thing. I've sent a support request to Kaspersky, but I suspect they are just going to refer me back here or to the A-B Solution website.

If I can't find a resolution to this, I may have to remove Kaspersky as I can't cope with constant popups about this all the time. Any ideas anyone?

Attachments

• Screenshot - 22_04_2017 , 19_30_51.jpg
    Screenshot - 22_04_2017 , 19_30_51.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 740
  • Screenshot - 22_04_2017 , 19_31_12.jpg
    Screenshot - 22_04_2017 , 19_31_12.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 713
I can't help but now you mention it, since I have installed ABSolution, my AV (ESET), throws these errors too warnings too.

cause pixelserv intercepts the traffic from ab-solution that redirects domains that provides ads.. its so simple you have to actually read what your installing sometimes and not just install.

there is nothing out of the place here cause pixelserv uses a local generated ssl cert (selfsigned) thats not signed by a CA thats why it gives as invalid (if you want more info on why google it).

a free tip for next time you install something opensource read the instructions and read up on what the script or the application does.

cause pixelserv intercepts the traffic from ab-solution that redirects domains that provides ads.. its so simple you have to actually read what your installing sometimes and not just install.

there is nothing out of the place here cause pixelserv uses a local generated ssl cert (selfsigned) thats not signed by a CA thats why it gives as invalid (if you want more info on why google it).

a free tip for next time you install something opensource read the instructions and read up on what the script or the application does.
I realise why it's throwing up the invalid certificate alerts, but I'm trying to find out if there is a way to stop this happening so often. I think I may have to go back to using Bitdefender as that didn't seem to be so bothered about this.

Agreed. Not everybody is a networking genius.

If I can't find a resolution to this, I may have to remove Kaspersky as I can't cope with constant popups about this all the time. Any ideas anyone?
Unless you can add an exception to Kaspersky, there is no way around this.
It's near impossible to use a proper SSL certificate in pixelserv-tls. I tried a few ways to implement it but none of them work seamless and to my satisfaction.

This is not getting better with browsers and Security Suites such as Kaspersky tightening the screws and closing the old "add exception" workaround.
Of course, it's all for the greater good, but it leaves a niche product like pixelserv-tls to eventually be unusable.

Agreed. Not everybody is a networking genius.
And the reason why AB-Solution exists. Not everyone wants to enter cryptic commands, manually create files and save them in the right place, observe correct line endings and permissions for the file.

If you go to settings/additional/network then set "Do not scan encrypted connections" You won't have that popup all them time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!