What's new

A Noob question...sorry

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

d_v_us

Regular Contributor
Ok guys...I've been trying and trying to get my Asus RT-N66U FTP working so that I can share files with friends and family but having negative results. I'm running stock Asus firmware (3.0.0.3.151)....I'm not really clear on the whole Port Forwarding aspect but on the "Virtual Server / Port Forwarding" page I have the following:

• I've registered and have my Asus DNS name (ftp://xxx.asuscomm.com)
  • I choose FTP as a "famous server list"
  • I choose a FTP Server Port (can I choose any four digit number I want?)
  • Port Range (I choose 2222...is that ok?)
  • I am using my router WAN IP as the local IP
  • Local Port I kept as "21"
  • Protocal = TCP

I still can't seem to access it from outside my house.....I've been reading on port forwarding (different posts on this website and others) but I probably still don't have a firm grasp on how it works completely but are there any steps I'm missing or more importantly....anything else I need to include or change?....thanks to anyone that can assist.

For starters, I would upgrade the firmware if I were you.

You don't need to do anything with port forwarding. If you have used "AiDisk" to register your DDNS name and you have enabled the FTP share in the Servers Center, all you should need to do is go to ftp://[yourDDNSname].asuscomm.com. That's all I had to do.

Now it works:)

Looks like its working.....thanks for ur help Hothersale!!!.....you da man

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!