What's new

A Quick Note of Thanks to Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

agilani

Very Senior Member
I just wanted to start the new year with expressing my appreciation for all of the work that Merlin has done for us. I like many of you have been using Asus Merlin for countless years. Before switching to the asus routers, i had been using netgear routers sometimes with and sometimes without dd-wrt. Although i still run a few dd-wrt routers, they have become the sideshow of my network. I keep them around and update them to see what if any improvements they have made.

I also wanted to express appreciation for what i call emotional maturity on Merlin's and this forum's behalf....especially in a online tech forum. There is always some n00b that has an opinion about something or other and someone elses hard work.

Many thanks Merlin and Happy New Year!

Totally agree with O.P

My last three router purchases have been Asus and I have also recommended them to many, this, in a big way is thanks to people like Eric (RMerlin), Oleg, The Miron & John.

A big appreciation to the project and to all the contributors hard work/dedication over these many years.

Donate!!

I totally agree. Eric has injected an engaging personality into Asus and made all this weird stuff Fun! Alas, at some future point, he will be happily "married with children" and we will be back to running stock. Hopefully, by then, stock firmware will carry on the spirit and traditions of Merlin. Long live Merlin!

Strongly agree with the op.

Asus should be incredibly thankful and do everything in their power to work with Eric, because his work has driven many, many customers to Asus. I’m one of them and even though I currently run Asus stock firmware at the moment, I decided to purchase my Asus router because of Merlin. Thank you Eric.

Everyone should have an Eric!

Indeed his work is astonishing and extremely beneficial, i really think its only a wise move from Asus to hire him, i think its gonna happen if not already has been offered before.

The bottom line, your contribution and efforts are extremely appreciated if not by Asus then by all the community members here.

Thank you so much and happy new year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without Merlin i would't be having my curent router Asus RT-AC66U after discovering this forums and snb main website.!!!! a true relieve it is to know that someone is doing his best to maintain the firmware close to the original with lots of improvements.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!